Inactive
Redmond

Injured
Bordeleau, McGinn, Street, Wilson, Winchester​

Last edited:

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Who's in net for the jackets? Who has the coach put in before in a situation like this, back to back?

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Hopefully they show up considering they didn't last night.

sidenote: I think rychel should be up here imo on dubys line

right now I trust one line (dubys) and johansens in the ozone but recently that line has all been -

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Right now, our third and fourth lines are crap. You can hide them when you have the last change at home. There's nowhere to hide on the road.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Right now, our third and fourth lines are crap. You can hide them when you have the last change at home. There's nowhere to hide on the road.

Since Nov 1 the following have score 23 even strength goals in 26
games.

Jenner, Dubi, Hartnell,Joey,Foligno,Cam & Calvert

I realize that not all of those guys have played all games but still I don't think that is good. I haven't bothered looking up their +/- but I will and be back.

Collectively they are a -17 with Joey at -11 dragging the group down and Dubi +4, Calvert +1 and Hartsy +3 helping the cause. Foligno is an even player and Cam -6 and Jenner -8.

While I agree that our bottom guys aren't getting it done, neither are the top guys. Thank god for the power play or we would be back to the McEichel discussion almost full time.

Last edited:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Since Nov 1 the following have score 23 even strength goals in 26
games.

Jenner, Dubi, Hartnell,Joey,Foligno,Cam & Calvert

I realize that not all of those guys have played all games but still I don't think that is good. I haven't bothered looking up their +/- but I will and be back.

Collectively they are a -17 with Joey at -11 dragging the group down and Dubi +4, Calvert +1 and Hartsy +3 helping the cause. Foligno is an even player and Cam -6 and Jenner -8.

While I agree that our bottom guys aren't getting it done, neither are the top guys. Thank god for the power play or we would be back to the McEichel discussion almost full time.

Dubi has played all of 10 games. Jenner has missed about half the season. Foligno is one of the team leaders in +/-.

Most of the third and fourth liners are at the bottom of our +/- chart. But I'll give you this. Near the very bottom is Ryan Johansen with a -13 and Scott Hartnell at -11. Hartnell's excuse is that he should be playing on the second line, but can't due to all the injuries. Joey has no excuse.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We always struggle vs the Avs due to their speed. I don't see why this changes

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Hustle is not a word I'd use to describe any part of Johansen's game this season. He glides more this year than I've ever seen him.
that's where I miss boone where he would drag his linemates into the dogfight. right now joey is just coasting and no one keeps him accountable

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Rychel "proved" himself in 5 games more or less - no reward. Wennberg got 25+ games to struggle and then got called back up. Only reasoning is he's a center but he's crap in the dot anyway.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Why Rychel isn't on this roster is beyond my level of knowledge.

It's probably two fold:

1) He's a mid first rounder whose long term development is probably best served by staying in the AHL.

2) What trumps #1 is the 9 game rule. The front office has clearly shown that it takes full advantage of the CBA regarding RFAs. By keeping Rychel below the 9 game threshold, the CBJ get to keep him on his entry level deal an extra year and delay potential higher compensation for at least a year.

While I'm normally in favor of keeping a player like Rychel in the AHL for a full year, the circumstances of this season would have dictated that he be moved up early. My opinion of Jarmo's inaction on the forward front is well known and I have to believe that either the front office wrote this season off early on or they are just unbelievably cheap and stubborn regarding RFAs.

Had the FO been fully committed to attempting to salvage the season, the option of calling Rychel up earlier and letting him stay up past 9 games would have been exercised.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Rychel's ELC is in it's first year now, since he is playing in the AHL.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
They already said they don't want him in the bottom 9, shifting from line to line. And its possible that both Letestu and Atkinson are back in this road trip.

Also its more than just points, Wennberg has the IQ, speed and most importantly trust from Richards to play in all scenarios. Which when we have 6 players injured is huge. Rychel will be better for it next season by developing in the AHL rather than being sent up and down.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Rychel "proved" himself in 5 games more or less - no reward. Wennberg got 25+ games to struggle and then got called back up. Only reasoning is he's a center but he's crap in the dot anyway.

And way better defensively and way better skater. But you know, that doesn't matter. Wennberg was good last night

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
And way better defensively and way better skater. But you know, that doesn't matter. Wennberg was good last night

its very easy to see you like wennberg, I like him too, I think he WILL be a good player.However I don't know if I agree with the whole way better defensively thing. Rychel managed to be +3 where as wennberg is -16 and you can say that its a team stat and that's why, but -16 is terrible. Rychel had heart and I think he earned a spot. They both should be playing up here in my opinion. I don't know why he can't be up here instead of having boll or tropp on the ice, and honestly to me he didn't look like anything special last night

Last edited by a moderator:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
its very easy to see you like wennberg, I don't know if I agree with the whole way better defensively thing. Rychel managed to be +3 where as wennberg is -16 and you can say that its a team stat and that's why, but -16 is terrible. Rychel had heart and I think he earned a spot. They both should be playing up here in my opinion. I don't know why he can't be up here instead of having boll or tropp on the ice, and honestly to me he didn't look like anything special last night

I admit I don't know what to make of the Wennberg situation now. Everyone seems to feel he is a good skater And I tend to agree. That said, he doesn't score goals, his passing has certainly not dazzled me, he is a liability face-offs and weak defensively. So the question that it leaves is whether it is worthwhile to continue to play him and gain NHL experience or send him to the AHL and have him center their first line to build skills where he is less of a liability.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
its very easy to see you like wennberg, I like him too, I think he WILL be a good player.However I don't know if I agree with the whole way better defensively thing. Rychel managed to be +3 where as wennberg is -16 and you can say that its a team stat and that's why, but -16 is terrible. Rychel had heart and I think he earned a spot. They both should be playing up here in my opinion. I don't know why he can't be up here instead of having boll or tropp on the ice, and honestly to me he didn't look like anything special last night

My username has nothing to do with my insights on Wennberg, he's not even my favorite player (Jenner is). Anyway, Wennberg does the little things well which is why he is up here. He's killing penalties, and he had a play last night that started the 2 on 1 that was eventually blown dead because OEL decided to play dead. He kicked the puck forward on a pass behind him, not exactly easy.

Rychel was good in his cup of coffee, but he looked a bit overmatched in his final game up here vs Pittsburgh. Is he better than Tropp/Boll/Chaput? absolutely, but I don't want him playing 4th line minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad