GDT: Game 37: Columbus at Colorado | 1/4 8PM EST

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jackets have had at least a half-dozen odd man rushes tonight and I can't remember them making one successful pass in the Avs zone

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Jackets have had at least a half-dozen odd man rushes tonight and I can't remember them making one successful pass in the Avs zone

We're predictable; slow at half wall to wait for attempted entry play or go for pass.
Calvert slowed two chances because he chose pass on them.

Not enough shoot

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
B6jbpjGCIAA-OwC.png

need to pull away in 3rd again...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Lori Schmidt ‏@LoriSchmidt 39s40 seconds ago
By my (admittedly sometimes shaky) math, #CBJ are 8-3-1 this season when tied going into the third period.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Bull F'ing **** he has. Not even close. He's our best d-man at allowing break aways while 5 on 5. He makes a lot of terrible decisions. That's not even mentioning his very questionable speed and agility.

What he IS good at; he has a good shot.

I should have said 'one of the' instead of 'the' best defenseman, but the fact remains that he's been solid for the better part of two seasons. Not sure what guy you're watching. I would have agreed with you three years ago, but I just don't see the liability anymore. He's generally been physical and strong with the puck. Obviously tonight has been horrible, but I don't think you can say this is some kind of regular thing.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
McElhinney actually did make a few amazing saves in the 2nd, but of course just had to give up a **** goal from right at the goal line.
I really wish I knew why the hell he left the short side open there. It would have been huge for this team to take a lead into the 3rd, after that disaster last night, but nope...can't do things the easy way.

On the bright side, at least Johansen is heating up, and the team as a whole is finally scoring.
Hopefully we get a few PP chances in the 3rd period and put these guys away! Need these 2 points.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I should have said 'one of the' instead of 'the' best defenseman, but the fact remains that he's been solid for the better part of two seasons.

Needless to say, I don't agree with your assessment of Savard. If I were the GM I would trade his sorry ass so that Richards wouldn't be tempted to play his sorry ass as much as he does.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I'm not sure who's been better than Savard in overall play in recent memory... (tonight withstanding)

trooper

Feb 22, 2007
Jax, MI
Just when I thought the NHL had the worst refs, I watched the 2nd half of Lions- Cowboys. Wow...talk about a league wanting a team to advance...

sorry if I hijacked a thread...

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I should have said 'one of the' instead of 'the' best defenseman, but the fact remains that he's been solid for the better part of two seasons. Not sure what guy you're watching. I would have agreed with you three years ago, but I just don't see the liability anymore. He's generally been physical and strong with the puck. Obviously tonight has been horrible, but I don't think you can say this is some kind of regular thing.

So glad you clarified, my Lord. Otherwise, I'd have to question your choice of beverage for the evening! :laugh:

P.S. See what happens when I watch Dowton Abbey during the intermission?!?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Dub scoring again for the hat trick to win the game.. Please hockey powers that be, help this happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad