GDT: Game 37: Columbus at Colorado | 1/4 8PM EST

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Is he better than Tropp/Boll/Chaput? absolutely, but I don't want him playing 4th line minutes.

Rychel wouldn't be on the fourth line though at the lowest third which is what 41 is. he could definitely slot in where Morin is.

Reguardless CBJWennberg41 I just think we don't always put the best team on the ice, like we would rather lose for the draft than try and make the playoffs

Last edited by a moderator:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Rychel wouldn't be on the fourth line though at the lowest third which is what 41 is. he could definitely slot in where Morin is.

Reguardless CBJWennberg41 I just think we don't always put the best team on the ice, like we would rather lose for the draft than try and make the playoffs

that's most definitely not the case, we have two top 6 players likely returning on this trip, so it makes no sense to call Rychel up when he's just going to be scratched and sent back down.

Richards himself said Wennberg does everything right, he's just had some bad puck luck. It's really not that hard to see, his hockey IQ is higher, his skating is better, he back checks, he takes away passing and shooting lanes, he makes the smart play whether it's chipping the puck up and out of the zone, dumping it in deep and chasing, or something as simple as making a pass when needed. He's not looking rushed or over matched, face offs will come in time and once Letestu is healthy he'll likely slot in at the wing. He plays PP and PK, neither of which Rychel did. I like Rychel i just think he needs more seasoning.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
My username has nothing to do with my insights on Wennberg, he's not even my favorite player (Jenner is). Anyway, Wennberg does the little things well which is why he is up here. He's killing penalties, and he had a play last night that started the 2 on 1 that was eventually blown dead because OEL decided to play dead. He kicked the puck forward on a pass behind him, not exactly easy.

Rychel was good in his cup of coffee, but he looked a bit overmatched in his final game up here vs Pittsburgh. Is he better than Tropp/Boll/Chaput? absolutely, but I don't want him playing 4th line minutes.

Funny...Tropp is on the 2nd line currently, depending on how the lines mix up. At least that's where he has started recently.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Really wouldn't mind seeing Leopold in for Prout or Tyutin. Especially given the back to backs. Plus, he was one of our top two or three Dman when he started getting press-boxed.

No word on who starts that I can find.

Another .500-ish Western team on the road...let's not crap the bed again.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 26s27 seconds ago
#CBJ lines: 43-19-71| 11-17-9 | 37-41-10 | 26-39-40. Richards said changes reflect need for better play in own zone.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Thats not it at all. It's better for a player like Rychel, who already knows the offensive side of the game, to learn how to play D in the A rather than in the NHL. Look at the oilers and how horrible defensively their kids are. Wennberg has the intangibles to play right away on the defensive side of the ice. Rychel will be here next year, full time, in place of Skille. Unless we do major thinks in the offseason (doubtful)

Funny...Tropp is on the 2nd line currently, depending on how the lines mix up. At least that's where he has started recently.

Yeah I don't get the coaches love affair with Tropp. Extends into last year too. He likes the guy a lot for doing almost nothing but skate around.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
@Aportzline: #CBJ D Cody Goloubef will play today vs #Avs. Dalton Prout will be a healthy scratch.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Really wouldn't mind seeing Leopold in for Prout or Tyutin. Especially given the back to backs. Plus, he was one of our top two or three Dman when he started getting press-boxed.

Traded for the day after Tyutin goes out, heads to press box to stay once Toots comes back.

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
So any other line-up changes than Goloubef in for Prout?

MclHenney in?

Making GDT over on Avs side.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Rychel's ELC is in it's first year now, since he is playing in the AHL.

I'm pretty sure the 9 game rule still applies since he was19 when he signed. Its 9 NHL games that is the key not where the player is playing. That is determined mostly by age and where he was drafted from. Somewhere this has been discussed before but I have no clue where.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So any other line-up changes than Goloubef in for Prout?

MclHenney in?

Making GDT over on Avs side.

Yes.

FYI if you google starting goalies you'll see who is starting for all games. Pick one of top two sites.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Would like to predict a victory but, have a bad feeling its going to be a repeat of last night.

I'll try anyway.. 3-2 Jackets.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
It would be a shame for anyone to stir up rumors by posting on an Internet message board Golobef was being showcased for a trade. Oops! :sarcasm:

It would be shameful because it would be assuming Goloubef had any trade value, which isn't the case.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
By the way, the Avs lines for today:

Tanguay-O'Reilly-Iginla
Landeskog-Duchene-Rendulic
MacKinnon-Mitchell-Briere
McLeod-Cliche-Talbot

Hejda-Johnson
Guenin-Barrie
Holden-Stuart

Varlamov

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I'm pretty sure the 9 game rule still applies since he was19 when he signed. Its 9 NHL games that is the key not where the player is playing. That is determined mostly by age and where he was drafted from. Somewhere this has been discussed before but I have no clue where.

I was mistaken. I thought any games played in the AHL meant their ELC started. 10 game slide is what 18-21 year olds are under, and it can be 2 years as long as less than 10 games are played each year. Also all ELCs are two way.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-entry-level-contracts-work

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
A side note that has me pissed off this early evening- THE BENGALS SUCK...carry on.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
A year comes off Rychels contract no matter how many NHL games he plays this season. Same for Dano.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad