GDT: Game 37 | Capitals @ Jackets | 1/5 7pm | Elvis in goal

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm wondering how long CBJ fans are going to put up with the losing under Kek? Shy one team the worst NHL team in the league... I don't get it, why isn't there any fan pushback to this losing MGT? The ticket paying CBJ fans are getting ripped off imo...

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Good 20mins of the hockey we saw last season, then a classic cbj meltdown period after which they spiral into taking penalties and getting outshot on their own PP.

Gotta just laugh and pray they'll find some leadership and mental strength for next season

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
The team is almost like a pro wrasslin' jobber at this point.

Just fewer wins.

Go out. Any offense is a futile effort for show until the opponent can apply their patented finishing maneuver. Then we slink back behind the curtain while the victor poses and speechifies in front of the camera.

Woo.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I'm wondering how long CBJ fans are going to put up with the losing under Kek? Shy one team the worst NHL team in the league... I don't get it, why isn't there any fan pushback to this losing MGT? The ticket paying CBJ fans are getting ripped off imo...
This is the last year we should tolerate it.

Given we pick top 4 and we have cap space from Voracek, Nyquist etc and we sign quality free agents, I certainly expect a play off bid next year

Might be time for Berni to return to the A
Did Vlad check out for this year ? Seems weird considering it’s his contract season. Or he just can’t handle top 2 role ?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Elvis showed why he isn't too a strong goalie. I hope the reason is his health problem.
"Good idea", The Nyquist -- Roslovic -- Laine against The Ovechkin -- Kuznetsov -- Sheary? Can I know how have they scored? But that line has played very good only use its chances.
Gaudreau with Johnson are better with a player who can play in the front of the net what I have written. Maybe Bemmer is more ideal then Marchenko because he plays in the front of the net too. But defense this line was bad. They played especially with Bayreuther and Boqvist.
Defense and d-men... :biglaugh:

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Ovi scoring is the highlight of the game
And always in PP because Roslovic line played very good again his.

EDIT: Peele isn't hard player, ony against not too strong players. His defensive is bad, doesn't have hockey vision, skill isn't too much.

To the team. Look at injuries, who is playing instead of injures players. For example Werenski - out, Danforth - out, Laine has had many injures so he had to return shape, Bean - out, Blankenburg - out, Jenner - out, Boqvist many time and again, he must return his shape, Voraček - out. Sillinger is young, it's the second season problem. Also Elvis is tragical. And Larsen isn't so experienced coach.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The team is almost like a pro wrasslin' jobber at this point.

Just fewer wins.

Go out. Any offense is a futile effort for show until the opponent can apply their patented finishing maneuver. Then we slink back behind the curtain while the victor poses and speechifies in front of the camera.

Woo.
We are the Brooklyn Brawler of the NHL.

Or maybe Barry Horowitz because we do like to give ourselves pats on the back for poor performance.

• Haha
Reactions: Grouchy

landstuhltaylor

Feb 2, 2009
I went tonight because I wanted to see Ovechkin score in person before he retired. I went in expecting a loss and enjoyed the game a lot more than the last few 2-1 bores against Colorado the last couple of years.

I got my money's worth.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Emil has 8 pts in 11 games this year.

Totally random or is he putting it together?

(I'm not tuning in)

Reactions: Cowumbus

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Did Vlad check out for this year ? Seems weird considering it’s his contract season. Or he just can’t handle top 2 role ?
He's a good #4 on a contender team playing as a #1, of course he looks overmatched. This team hasn't had a true #1 since Seth left.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I recommend you to see injuries, also players must return their shape, Lars is still inexperienced. The team is young because for rebuilding. The building of a new team isn't a game on the comp.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Emil has 8 pts in 11 games this year.

Totally random or is he putting it together?

(I'm not tuning in)
Not random, but far from finished.

His forecheck/takeaways created two goals today. Seems like he’s making some more skilled plays than in the past, but IMO there is another level that has not been unlocked. Maybe it will never come but I just don’t see how this is all he could be.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Not random, but far from finished.

His forecheck/takeaways created two goals today. Seems like he’s making some more skilled plays than in the past, but IMO there is another level that has not been unlocked. Maybe it will never come but I just don’t see how this is all he could be.

If this is all he is, is that okay?

We could use a retriever to help feed our scorers.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

They are constantly missing 8-10 players from the lineup, including a 1D.

No rebuilding team can survive it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad