Post-Game Talk: Game 37 - Bruins lose for 8th time in 9 games - Panic Fever Grips Hub - BTW Washington next

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
You admit Debrusk is not playing well but when you aren’t playing well and still scoring at a 20 goal , and above .5PPG pace then I would say that’s a Second line player.

I mean, out of all LWs to play at least half a season last year, only 44 scored over a .5PPG. Probably a few more as there are some LWs labeled as centers. Even then, if Debrusk only ended up with the 20g-23 assist totals he’s on pace for it would most certainly fall in the 40-50 range.

I think this may be a case of the grass being a little greener on the other side of the fence. Debrusk needs to start playing better but the guy has held his own for the majority of his career here as the second line wing despite being part of a pretty much 2 man line. Let’s call a duck a duck unless someone feels like listing 50-6O other left wings that are better.

Stats only tell you part of the story but not the whole. Like I said his points tally needs to higher than say a guy like Heinen because he doesn't contribute much else (this isn't meant to bump up Heinen - Jake is definitely a better player than he is). I have a picture of what a second line winger looks like in terms of their abilities, their production and the intangibles they display on the ice. That picture varies because different players bring different strengths and weaknesses to the table, but right now DeBrusk just doesn't match it in any way. He's not that far off it, but he's not there yet.

The thing about him currently 'not playing well' is that this might be his true, long-term level. For me he doesn't yet have enough better form and past results in the bank to prove that he's definitely a 45+ points, legit career 2nd liner. He can be, hopefully he will be, but the jury's still out on that one IMO. If you were a GM on another team, would you take him for your 2nd line, and pay him a proper 2nd line wage? Right now I wouldn't. Too risky.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
People say who will take care of Wilson. Theres no taking care of the this player. There's also only a handful of players in the league who could challenge him and we actually have one of them in Chara.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
People say who will take care of Wilson. Theres no taking care of the this player. There's also only a handful of players in the league who could challenge him and we actually have one of them in Chara.

Someone is going to have to try even if it means getting his ass handed to him. Otherwise Wilson will run amok all game long.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Ritchie got bloodied and it was an even fight. There is no taking care of a Wilson. He will not stop what he does because opponent X has Player Y.

Not sure what Ritchie "disagrees with".
Ritchie got bloodied. Whats that gotta do with anything ?

Whats he disagree with . Its not rocket science here.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Someone is going to have to try even if it means getting his ass handed to him. Otherwise Wilson will run amok all game long.
Exactly. Somebody better be ready . I like the Clifton idea. But I don’t think losing a D-man for 5-10 minutes with Chara out might not work but if need be, they have no choice. I also watch out for the sneaky TB he ear butted Marchand and had another sneaky hit against somebody too. He’s a great player but takes liberties and says sorry. Be ready for him as well.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ritchie got bloodied. Whats that gotta do with anything ?

You made it seem like Ritchie was some imposing force against Wilson. He didn't do anything crazy in that fight. It was even.

Whats he disagree with. Its not rocket science here.

It's rocket science for you because your response didn't really make any point against what I said. Thanks for posting a video. Ritchie isn't stopping Wilson.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
im not sure he'll kick his ass:laugh: But he can handle his own with him and finally do something to help earn his keep.

Now Mcquaid on the other hand kicked his @$$

Mcquaid ,was a tough dude when he was concussion free, he just about kick anybody’s ass. I didn’t say everybody but 80% of anybody.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
You made it seem like Ritchie was some imposing force against Wilson. He didn't do anything crazy in that fight. It was even.

It's rocket science for you because your response didn't really make any point against what I said. Thanks for posting a video. Ritchie isn't stopping Wilson.
Maybe getting him in the box for ten minutes might be a plus for the bruins , but I know we are talking about winning a fight.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Ri

Here's your original post, your responding to a question on who will take care of wilson and neglected to mention Ritchie as one who can saying We as I believe you mean the Bruins have one in Chara, well actually the Bruins have two, and like i said it isn't rocket science here but then again......

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Mcquaid ,was a tough dude when he was concussion free, he just about kick anybody’s ass. I didn’t say everybody but 80% of anybody.

No doubt Wilson is one tough dude, but I think the best way to contain him is have Ritchie go out there and challenge him right off the get-go to a fight and then challenge him again in the penalty box. Get wilson off the ice, throw in some misconduct time, because if not he's going to run rough shot over a lot of the Bruins and the wrong guys like Krug and Marchand will respond.

Reactions: Strafer and BAD BOY

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ri

Here's your original post, your responding to a question on who will take care of wilson and neglected to mention Ritchie as one who can saying We as I believe you mean the Bruins have one in Chara, well actually the Bruins have two, and like i said it isn't rocket science here but then again......

Ritchie isn't taking care of Wilson. He may fight him but he's not stopping Wilson from doing anything which has been my main point. No one is stopping Wilson. He will do what he wants.

It's not rocket science. It's not grammar school either. What is a period? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad