GDT: Game 37: Avs @ Golden Knights | 8 PM MT | December 23, 2019

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Outside of Bura who I'm pretty sure donated part of his front tooth for this win. Love seeing him get fired up though when the Knights player started talking **** after he took his second high stick.
m2nfZcL.png

Discount Pastrnak.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Francouz won us this game. Watching the replay our goals just kind of went in, while the VGK goals were great plays and Francouz stopped several others.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Honestly even though we won 7-3, I didn't particularly like a lot key players games tonight.

Landy/Rantanen need to figure it out quick. I realize they had goals tonight. But they were bad. Slow decision making, lots of turnovers etc. You can tell MacKinnon is getting very frustrated with them at the moment, and I can't blame him. Since they came back both look a step behind every single play. At first it was fine, but now is getting concerning they've had plenty of time to get up to speed. They need to be better end of discussion.

PP looks terrible, Makar will help but I think it gets back to my last point, when you have two guys that are typically workhorses who are playing like dump on the first unit it's going to be sloppy. Not to mention Kadri who until last night was also playing pretty poor hockey.

3rd and 4th liners looked good except for Jost. He needs to get traded, it just isn't working out here. Get something for him and move on. Honestly he needs a charge on scenery, maybe he can pull a Graves and carve out a career somewhere else. Wilson can fill that role when he gets healthy, until then we are better off with a guy like O'Connor.

We need more from Girard, it's just not what we were expecting from him. Plus his d-zone play hasn't been good for quite some time. He needs to step up.

Cole isn't an NHL player, he is just too show, and has minimal skill. It's unfortunate because he seems like a likeable guy who is good in the locker room, but his play is so underwhelming.

This team really needs one more consistent top 4 dman. That's the biggest need at the moment. Z is too inconsistent, Cole is washed up, G is not having a good year. If we could plug in one more guy that just was consistently decent, it would make a world of difference.
Umm Cole is like second in scoring on the Avs for defensemen while getting no powerplay time. His plus 20 is second only to Graves on the team and he is 5th in the league in plus minus. Muxh like the same circumstance Cole faced in Pittsburgh. There they had a guy named Justin Schultz who literally became a star while paired with Cole. That Schultz guy has never been the same since Cole was traded. In fact he has half the points Cole does this year and he would only have 5 even strength points. My suggestion would be see how good the Avs defense looks by trading Cole.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Umm Cole is like second in scoring on the Avs for defensemen while getting no powerplay time. His plus 20 is second only to Graves on the team and he is 5th in the league in plus minus. Muxh like the same circumstance Cole faced in Pittsburgh. There they had a guy named Justin Schultz who literally became a star while paired with Cole. That Schultz guy has never been the same since Cole was traded. In fact he has half the points Cole does this year and he would only have 5 even strength points. My suggestion would be see how good the Avs defense looks by trading Cole.
giphy.gif

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

I'll debate you on your own play, Cole.
+/- isn't a good stat.
Schultz is one anecdotal case.
But you directly lead to goals against on a number of plays. Your fundamentals like skating and first pass aren't too good anymore, and you never had much offense to offer.
Merry Christmas.

Reactions: HowToShoot101

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming

New theory is that larueskee is actually Peter McNab, who will no longer shut up about +/- on literally a nightly basis.... :sarcasm:

EDIT: McNab also keep advocating for the 'turtle'... his comments over multiple games with the lead have been along the lines of 'Avs don't need to score more....' Even after last night where all the Avs' players were like 'we have to keep playing like it's 0-0...' :laugh:

Reactions: CobraAcesS

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'll debate you on your own play, Cole.
+/- isn't a good stat.
Schultz is one anecdotal case.
But you directly lead to goals against on a number of plays. Your fundamentals like skating and first pass aren't too good anymore, and you never had much offense to offer.
Merry Christmas.
Cole skates fine. I honestly think a lot of the Cole hate is due to his body type. Much like I prefer to see Sasha Cohen or Tara Lipinski to say Tonya Harding figure skate. Some of you like to see slender boys skate as opposed to understanding actual production. At the end of the year some will swear that little boy blue Samuel Girard had a great season because he looked good twirling around but that twirling resulted in a minus of 11 versus a plus of 48.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Cole skates fine. I honestly think a lot of the Cole hate is due to his body type. Much like I prefer to see Sasha Cohen or Tara Lipinski to say Tonya Harding figure skate. Some of you like to see slender boys skate as opposed to understanding actual production. At the end of the year some will swear that little boy blue Samuel Girard had a great season because he looked good twirling around but that twirling resulted in a minus of 11 versus a plus of 48.
oh my god im dying :laugh:

Slender boys. My god. hahahha

Reactions: missionAvs

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd block that guy if his inanity wasn't so damned entertaining. :laugh:

That was a fun game. I especially liked it when Jesse Granger of The Athletic put a guy on blast for doing the requisite BLOW IT UP panic tweet. Like, really dude? You want to blow it up already?

The top line still looks awful, and I guess they're just gonna have to play through it. Thankfully after having one of their worst games ever, both Kadri and Compher came through big. Nuke was unstoppable!

Also, after seeing Landy in the postgame, it's clear he got pretty dinged up in that fight against that rookie D-man for the Hawks. And now he's at home with a sick wife. Don't get the flu, dude!

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

This might be the best post I've ever seen praising a player. The bolded is spectacular and is even funnier when you think about that Moser comment on liking young legs that he made earlier this season haha.

Forceberg

Mar 9, 2012
Dude is injured like Varly was last year. His lateral movement went to **** after his latest injury. No reason to make any judgements based on his last couple of games.

and he is a playoff goalie and not a 82 games season player. A season is way too long for him. Playoffs fit him well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad