GDT: Game 37: 12/22/2018 - Panthers @ Red Wings - 2 PM ET FS-D

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kronwall you're a joke you ruined our pp. If you're gonna take a penalty at least lay him out or something

I find the vitriol directed at a one legged Kronwall, especially after one of his better games in the season not one game ago a bit much...

I mean what are your expectations? Yeah we know his body is broken, we broke it...

As a bottom pairing guy playing in the last year of his contract on a team we have zero expectations for the anger at Kronwall around here floors me.

Given our current options he surely deserves to see the ice today. This isn't a game where Hronek or Cholo are sitting. What we need Joe Hicketts up who is worse than Kronwall even at this point by a country mile? Sorry I don't get it...

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why do we pretty much suck with these afternoon games?? Terrible d on that one. Kronner and Daley come on guys?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Barkov 2 points destroying Larkin

Barkov is a great player. He does that to a lot of people.

Larkin isn't going to win his matchup every night. Barkov is probably the toughest matchup for him in the league in terms of he is a guy that has routinely outperformed Larkin when they are matched up. Really to me it is because he is the bigger more talented version of Larkin. Fantastic skater that is always in the correct position and very heavy on pucks. Kopitar reboot.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Kronner c'mon.
27th pp at home? Sheesh. How can we be that bad? We always were good at home.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
:laugh: A 39 year old Luongo looking better then Howard.

Some of Luongo's numbers were him playing hurt in my opinion. He is still a pretty good #1 when healthy the last bunch of years.

Not sure Jimmy was really that bad in the first. Both of those are chances you hope your D doesn't give up and if they do I don't crush the goalie for them. Hoffman from inside 40 feet on a one-timer is almost an automatic goal, that is how he makes his living. Dadnov in on the doorstep on a beautiful 3 on 2.... I mean I don't think we challenged Luongo enough, but I am not displeased with Howard yet either.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
The big picture. I'm at peace with losses=better odds at Hughes or top 2-5 pick. Once we're mathematically elimanted (February?) we'll inadvertently tank anyways if/when we trade Howard/Nyquist/Daley?. Jensen? LGD? etc.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Game is a dud thus far but the pregame presentation was outstanding. Playing Mozart with legends names and numbers on the ice. Epic stuff.

Need to catch the replays. Looks like Howard gave up an easy goal on Florida's first.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Howard needs to step up. Those goals weren't to good to give up. He seems off. Yeah he had back issues. Maybe too soon?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Game is a dud thus far but the pregame presentation was outstanding. Playing Mozart with legends names and numbers on the ice. Epic stuff.

Need to catch the replays. Looks like Howard gave up an easy goal on Florida's first.

PP clapper in the high slot to one of the best guys at it in the league...

I don't fault Jimmy on that one. Hoffman put that top corner.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You can feel the cliff approaching for this team. They have worked hard a lot of nights, but the talent disparity especially as other teams have figured out things that work is significant. I think we have a lot of very challenging games over the last 45 games. Almost halfway home...

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
You hope he makes a save on one of them, but we need to hope they don't give up chances that high grade. Those are A+ chances on both their goals.
Yeah but Howard needs to A+ play that shit. Especially the 2nd one. Howard no poke check and should have come out a little further cutting the angle of the puck off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad