GDT: Game 37: 12/22/2018 - Panthers @ Red Wings - 2 PM ET FS-D

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
In the closing minute, Ekblad had Larkin bent over & in a headlock in front of their net, while 2 other Panthers were crosschecking him in the back. Reminded me of the abuse that Z & D used to take, especially Z. FSD replayed the sequence, Mick commented on it. I can't believe that didn't end in a brawl, it certainly should have. Blash better dress Witter for 12/31 game. I guess FLA is still sore for the Abby hit on Barkov last year iirc. Abby, Big E, Witkowski, Ras better start throwing weight/size around in that game. It was Unacceptable, regardless of which Wings player it was, but especially Larkin/Nyquist/Nielsen/Green/Cholowski/Hronek/AA/Mantha/Bert.

Refs were quick to put the scuffle to bed. Crowd was hungry for a fight and the anticipation was in the air but, alas, the blind mice wanted us to go home without fulfillment.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Weren't they one of the better teams all-time in terms of special teams?

They literally had the best pp and pk in the league iirc. Plus they were the best offensive team in the league, and were top 3 defensively. But yeah they luongo never played for good teams

Reactions: mantha39

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think market plays a big factor. Nobody watches the Floridas and Vancouvers of the world, even after they go to the Finals. That hurts Luongo's notoriety, no matter how well he plays.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
'10-'11 canucks are among the best team ever to not win a cup.

Injuries played a large role in them falling short.

If I was a Canucks fan I would talk about the Hamhuis hip check until they put me in the ground. That cost them the finals to me and he was never quite the same as a player after. Thomas still could have stole it, I just think that series changes significantly if Hamhuis is in and also Kesler is healthy. Luck is a part of winning a cup and theirs ran out in the Western Conference finals and kept getting worse after.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
their only healthy D by game 7 of the SCF was sami salo lol. what were the odds for that.

malhotra, one of the sedins, chris higgins, mason raymond, sammy.. all out or a shell of their normal selves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad