Pre-Game Talk: Game #36: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild - Tuesday, Dec.17th 5:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergioMomesso

Mar 8, 2011
Don't mess with the lineup. Starting to build chemistry on all 4 lines. Hansen will get better with the twins and the Booth/Richardson/Kassian combo is looking good at both ends of the ice. Kesler is looking like the Selke winner of 3 years ago and if Higgins keeps it up he might hit 25-30 goals. Santo is making me speechless on every ocassion. Dalpe and Welsh can handle their own against any 4th line in the league. Weisse is already surpassed a career high in points.

keep it up boys. 8 is better than 7

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Don't mess with the lineup. Starting to build chemistry on all 4 lines. Hansen will get better with the twins and the Booth/Richardson/Kassian combo is looking good at both ends of the ice. Kesler is looking like the Selke winner of 3 years ago and if Higgins keeps it up he might hit 25-30 goals. Santo is making me speechless on every ocassion. Dalpe and Welsh can handle their own against any 4th line in the league. Weisse is already surpassed a career high in points.

keep it up boys. 8 is better than 7

What's best is that when Burrows returns, it most likely won't be disrupting the chemistry elsewhere.

Sedins - Burrows
Higgins - Santo - Kesler
Booth - Richardson - Hansen/Kassian
Weise - Welsh - Kassian/Hansen

Solid lineup which would look even better if we could get a good 3C.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
With booths legs returning I'd rather Hansen on the 3rd line to start. That's a pretty quick line that should provide some offense.
Kassian can float around the lines until he plays well enough to stick.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Weber played great 2 games in a row. No real defensive gaffs, and put up offense. Pushes Alberts out of the line-up. No complaints about that.

Hansen still on the first line is only a sign that Tortorella is happy with Booth and Kassian playing together - which is great for those guys.

When Burrows returns, it'll be him and Hansen switching 4th line/1st line duty until one of them finds a home. That's an odd though. Wish one of them could play 3C so our depth pushes Rich to 4C, but I guess we have to wait for Schroeder in that regard.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Weber played great 2 games in a row. No real defensive gaffs, and put up offense. Pushes Alberts out of the line-up. No complaints about that.

Hansen still on the first line is only a sign that Tortorella is happy with Booth and Kassian playing together - which is great for those guys.

When Burrows returns, it'll be him and Hansen switching 4th line/1st line duty until one of them finds a home. That's an odd though. Wish one of them could play 3C so our depth pushes Rich to 4C, but I guess we have to wait for Schroeder in that regard.

Weber looked extremely incompetent at a point in the second period of the Bruins game.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/status/412668313471557632

No changes, but Sestito might replace Welsh.

https://twitter.com/BradZiemer/status/412668992919048192

I guess Weber has officially passed Alberts in the depth chart.

Why on earth should Sestito replace Welsh? The 4th line has been buzzing, playing good hockey for the first time in ... ever?

And thrilled that Weber passes Alberts. Feel a little bad for AA, but Weber at least doesn't take penalties, isn't worse than Alberts defensively (not saying much) and has a cannon.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Took all of 1 game played on the back end for that to happen. :laugh: What a shocker.

Why on earth should Sestito replace Welsh? The 4th line has been buzzing, playing good hockey for the first time in ... ever?

And thrilled that Weber passes Alberts. Feel a little bad for AA, but Weber at least doesn't take penalties, isn't worse than Alberts defensively (not saying much) and has a cannon.

Sestito was playing solid hockey prior to his injury, and you don't want to see a guy lose his spot due to an injury.

That said, I agree. I would leave the lineup as it is for now. Keep going with the hot hands.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City

I also think it depends on who is out of the lineup. We really need Weber's offense since Edler is out. If Stanton goes down, I could see Alberts in place of him over Weber.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Minnesota has been dreadful the past 10-15 games. They've really fallen off a cliff after a nice start in terms of possession stats. The Canucks should be able to take advantage.

Trying to fix it hard to do without 2nd line center. San Jose fan said this best game they played 5v5 for a while. Just took dumb/questionable penalties. Good luck no injuries even though your probally not going to watch because it is going to be boring.

Is there sports radio station online that talks about the canucks previewing games etc.?

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Was looking at stats on TSN. Came across Chris Higgin's picture...

2883.gif

...and was reminded of this guy. Anyone else?

zach-galifianakis-nodding-gif.png

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
993532_10152090647172145_766380441_n.jpg

I wonder what they are saying about AV. :laugh: This picture needs captions. :D

RK: Hey, remember when you were making WAY too much money for what you contributed to the team?

KB: Yeah, Ryan. That was a tough time, and I'd rather not talk about.

DS: Fair enough.

HS: So what happened to your shoes?

KB: Alex Edler is in them :naughty:

DH?, HS, DS, RK: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Why so much team treat us as rivals...

Yeo "Obviously there is a good amount of competition between the two groups right now...I don't think it will take too long for those hostilities to be renewed...and we remember what a great rivalry its been."

Nevertheless, its a must win game or we fall back to 9th spot. 7 game winning streak is not enough :thumbd:

The home record of the top 9 western teams makes this very difficult. If we get 4/6 points on this trip, that would already be extremely successful.

Last edited:

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I know I'm looking ahead here, but are we legitimate cup contenders if we win 10 in a row? The tenth would be on the back end of a back-to-back against Chicago. The streak would include wins over Chicago, Boston, Colorado, Minnesota, and Phoenix.

Really interesting season we're having. The 7 in-a-row hasn't really gained as much press and coverage as I thought it would.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I know I'm looking ahead here, but are we legitimate cup contenders if we win 10 in a row? The tenth would be on the back end of a back-to-back against Chicago. The streak would include wins over Chicago, Boston, Colorado, Minnesota, and Phoenix.

Really interesting season we're having. The 7 in-a-row hasn't really gained as much press and coverage as I thought it would.

It may signal the team's return to the upper echelons of the conference and of the league, but it doesn't say "we're legitimate contenders now."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad