Pre-Game Talk: Game #36: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild - Tuesday, Dec.17th 5:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I notice Ballard's ice time in Minnesota is less this year than last, and that he's been at 11-12 minutes in his last 5 games or so. Kinda dispels the idea that he was just a victim of AV irrationally hating him or whatever. Or it should, anyway.

Don't think the hate was because he played bottom pairing minutes at ES, it was because he never got an opportunity on PP2.

Thanks!

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I notice Ballard's ice time in Minnesota is less this year than last, and that he's been at 11-12 minutes in his last 5 games or so. Kinda dispels the idea that he was just a victim of AV irrationally hating him or whatever. Or it should, anyway.

Meanwhile, Rome has played a grand total of 2 NHL games this year for a middling team whose defence is suspect. Also, Suter is averaging 29 minutes of ice per game.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
will be interesting to see how this new attitude team plays in the xcel energy center, or if it makes a difference at all. seem to always play like **** in that building.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
The Canucks need to get and stay ahead of Minny and Dallas to make the playoffs, so those are most important games and the games for Luongo. Chicago is going to be in regardless of the outcome of this weeks game, so a win there is not vital even if the rivalry is more heated. Give Lack the Hawks.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Hoping to keep the winning streak going after an emotional win against Boston.

That win over Boston should give the Canucks a huge boost. Canucks are pretty good on the road as well. I think our loss will be handed to us against the Dallas or Chicago game. But if we are still winning I will be shocked and we should be in about 4th.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007

Last season: AV: "Alberts & Barker gives us both the better chance to win than Ballard in the lineup".

This season: Alberts - had to settle for essentially a minimum wage contract because *no other GM in the league wanted him*. Being a black ace (Canucks) < #6 guy.
Barker - In Russia

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Last season: AV: "Alberts & Barker gives us both the better chance to win than Ballard in the lineup".

This season: Alberts - had to settle for essentially a minimum wage contract because *no other GM in the league wanted him*. Being a black ace (Canucks) < #6 guy.
Barker - In Russia

SMH, AV :shakehead

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Meanwhile, Rome has played a grand total of 2 NHL games this year for a middling team whose defence is suspect. Also, Suter is averaging 29 minutes of ice per game.

Rome has been injured for most of the season.

As far as Ballard is concerned, he was already on the decline in his last season in Florida. Panthers fans seemed pretty happy that he left their organization. He's still a serviceable bottom pairing NHL defenseman.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

Is that a sarcastic laugh or something?

LegNts8Mpdm_8_m19rlJ.png

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
3-2 Vancouver OT.

A win would be ideal. A win without giving them any points would be fantastic.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

Barker - In Russia

Yeah, this will never make sense to me.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Yes, a dman eating up almost 30 mins a night. There only so much time to play.

Yeah, pretty much this. The bottom pairing gets almost no ice time. There's also Brodin averaging 25mins / night. Ballard has also been injured quite a bit.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Minnesota has been dreadful the past 10-15 games. They've really fallen off a cliff after a nice start in terms of possession stats. The Canucks should be able to take advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad