Pre-Game Talk: Game #36: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild - Tuesday, Dec.17th 5:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
@
large.png

WHEN: Tuesday, December 17th, 5:00PM PST
WHERE: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, Minnesota
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Jannik Hansen
Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Mike Santorelli
David Booth - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian
Jeremy Welsh - Zac Dalpe - Dale Weise

Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Jason Garrison - Yannick Weber
Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa

Roberto Luongo

Minnesota Wild

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Niederreiter - Haula - Pominville
Cooke - Brodziak - Bulmer
Heatley - Konopka - Mitchell

Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Ballard - Stoner

Bäckström

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
This is a small thing, trivial and definitely petty, but the absence of Andrew Alberts in our lineup brings a smile to my face. :)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Watch out for Ballard hip-checks and we should be good. Keep the win streak alive, never lose a game again this season + playoffs!

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Minny is a team that has weak offense. Very weak now that Nino is slowing down.

Hopefully our airtight D keeps it up, Kesler's line matches up well with Parise's.

Torts should have them fired up but this is a game that the AV coached Nucks would lose.

member 202355

Lou is starting? I'd put Lack in, he deserves more playing time.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Minnesota's got a really good home record. It would be really great to win this one. We'd be gaining two points and taking two away from a team that's right behind us.

Betamax*

Lou is starting? I'd put Lack in, he deserves more playing time.

I think given that they are neck in neck competing for a Playoffs spot, Torts should go with the more proven goalie who's in fine form. Now the next two games is tricky. As the Canucks probably have a better chance at beating the Stars over the Blackhawks in back to backs. I'd probably go with Bobby Lu against the Stars and give Lack the tougher on paper Blackhawks start. Although given the Canucks' history with the Blackhawks, I could see Torts going the other way.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Kind of nervous going into this game. The wild has had trouble scoring for a while, hope they don't explode on us like the Rangers did.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
I think given that they are neck in neck competing for a Playoffs spot, Torts should go with the more proven goalie who's in fine form. Now the next two games is tricky. As the Canucks probably have a better chance at beating the Stars over the Blackhawks in back to backs. I'd probably go with Bobby Lu against the Stars and give Lack the tougher on paper Blackhawks start. Although given the Canucks' history with the Blackhawks, I could see Torts going the other way.

Tough decision, but Luongo actually plays lights out against the Hawks usually, so I'd put him in for that one. Throwaway games don't exist on this team under Torts.

Lemurion

Mar 10, 2011
This game matters more to me than the Boston one. Points are always good, but taking them from Minny makes more of a difference in the playoff race.

Wetcoaster

Watch out for Ballard hip-checks and we should be good. Keep the win streak alive, never lose a game again this season + playoffs!
Once the Canucks make the play-offs the goal is to never lose your last game. :D

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I notice Ballard's ice time in Minnesota is less this year than last, and that he's been at 11-12 minutes in his last 5 games or so. Kinda dispels the idea that he was just a victim of AV irrationally hating him or whatever. Or it should, anyway.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Yup, that's how I see it as well. Save Lack's game for the back to back.

I'd rather Lack get the start in Minnesota, I know Torts won't really believe Lu's garbage numbers at the Xcel Energy Center have to do with anything other than luck. But if we lose 5-1 I'll be the first to say "I told ya..."

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'd rather Lack get the start in Minnesota, I know Torts won't really believe Lu's garbage numbers at the Xcel Energy Center have anything to do with anything other than luck. But if we lose 5-1 I'll be the first to say "I told ya..."

Then we either have to give Lack Dallas or Lu gets two plays in a row. No way Lack should get the start against Chicago. That should always be Lu's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad