GDT: Game 36 - Sabres (20-10-5) vs. Capitals (20-10-3) at 7 PM ET on NBCSN and WGR

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I wasn't aware that there was a rule saying only forwards could charge the net looking for a loose puck.
Ridiculous...all a player on the defending team has to do then is antagonize those d-men then, maybe say a few words to get them in a scrum so the faceoff goes outside the zone....This rule sucks

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Since we're speaking of rules, I'd like to propose a new rule for today's new NHL...

If a said player gets caught caught embellishing, that said player and soccer-actress wanna-be receives not only a 2 minute penalty but also receives a 3 game suspension without pay...This will help keep the integrity of the game.

That ought to cut down on these cinderella snowflakes that are ruining today's game.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Ridiculous...all a player on the defending team has to do then is antagonize those d-men then, maybe say a few words to get them in a scrum so the faceoff goes outside the zone....This rule sucks
I’m not getting your venom over this rule. You didn’t even know it existed until tonight but now that you know its going to lead to all sorts of problems. Its a decades old rule that all players are aware of.

All Risto had to do was stay out of the scrum and the faceoff stays in the zone. Dahlin was part of the play so his presence wouldn’t have triggered the faceoff coming out. I get why he went to help the kid out but on the flip side if he was more disciplined we get a draw in the Caps zone. It was 5v5 in the scrum since we had an extra guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJN21

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I have no issue with Risto jumping in to defend Dahlin since he was getting mauled by their entire team.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I’m not getting your venom over this rule. You didn’t even know it existed until tonight but now that you know its going to lead to all sorts of problems. Its a decades old rule that all players are aware of.

All Risto had to do was stay out of the scrum and the faceoff stays in the zone. Dahlin was part of the play so his presence wouldn’t have triggered the faceoff coming out. I get why he went to help the kid out but on the flip side if he was more disciplined we get a draw in the Caps zone. It was 5v5 in the scrum since we had an extra guy.

So Dahlin would be allowed in the scrum because he was part of the play ?

And, secondly...If there is a scrum, are all 6 Capitals on the ice allowed to take part in it while the Buffalo defense has to stay out of it ? (assuming they weren't part "of the play" ?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
So Dahlin would be allowed in the scrum because he was part of the play ?

And, secondly...If there is a scrum, are all 6 Capitals on the ice allowed to take part in it while the Buffalo defense has to stay out of it ? (assuming they weren't part "of the play" ?
Yes to all of your questions, though goalies usually distance themselves. It’s then on the officials to identify where the manpower discrepancies are and prioritize whom to separate first.

It’s a stupid rule but it has been for as long as I can remember. It wouldn’t have been a “heads up” play by risto to stay at the blueline - it’s expected, he should have known better...situational awareness regarding the time and score, plus the fact that we had other guys in the area (meaning Dahlin wasn’t on his own), and it’s a brain fart that moved a huge draw outside the zone.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
It takes 4 goals to win games consistently. I'd put Pominville on the top line when he's better and have
Reinhart center his own line to spread out the scoring. Vets Okposo and Sheary need to pitch in regularly or get benched.
I thought Sheary had his best game in quite a while last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad