GDT: Game 36 | Pens v Devils | 7:00PM EST | ROOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
They'll never get it. Regardless of how much abuse Sid and Geno take, how many beatdowns we receive, how many teams punk us in the playoffs, etc, some people are simply blinded by their vision of how they think the league should be, not how it actually is. And unfortunately Mario Lemieux is one of those people

When they did try to keep an enforcer he either didn't fight, only fought if asked, was such liability on the team that ice time never came or no one in the league would fight him because they knew he was bat **** crazy.

I miss the Proberts and Tocchet's of the game.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
steigy is unbelievably dumb. pouliot and letang are nothing alike

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't know :laugh:

I still say try Farnham with them. Hell maybe try a new 2 forwards 3 dmen technique with Despres, Pouliot and Letang. It'd make Shero proud.

Good call on Farnham. I can't say there's a better option for the other wing with Sid and Geno.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Probably when we don't have 12 guys injured or with the mumps.

Nah. We had Godard, Talbot AND Engelland and it didn't stop a damn thing against the Islanders a few years ago.

It's wishful, and frankly silly, thinking to say Scott, or any other guy who should be mopping floors at McDonald's would stop things from happening. That's not how it works. That's not how it's worked for decades.

All John Scott does is take up cap space and a roster spot while playing an abysmal 5 minutes of hockey a night, occasionally fighting another useless goon in a scripted fight, or taking his 15th cheapshot at a guy.

How exactly does it work then? Cause however the Pens think it works hasn't worked for them in 5 years.

And I know this has been repeated countless times on here, the Isles had 4 goons dressed. We had 3 (Asham was not dressed). Engo and Rupp got tossed the same time as Martin did. That left them with 3 goons to our 1. That is why **** got crazy. And if not for Godard, it would have gotten a lot crazier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Great job by Johnston tonight. Great job. Also, Scuds as an extra man, those tricks, wow. I don´t get it, but maybe he´s a genius and I´m an idiot..

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I guess I'll take it as a sign that MJ is aware that Kunitz is **** since he's not the other winger with Sid and Geno. But Rust really shouldn't be in an NHL top 6.

What are the options, though? Rust is not in our top 6 when we're healthy. But him, Klinkhammer, Goc, Spaling, Megna...what's the difference, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad