GDT: Game 36 | Pens v Devils | 7:00PM EST | ROOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
steigy said the devils are back to the future for the second time tonight

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We'll wait a couple more years when Sid & Geno are 30 because heaven forbid you overpay for something that you desperately need.

If it makes Sid and Geno better, as in able to tilt the ice against anyone, then I don't know how one really could call it an overpayment. They do, but, truth be told, I'd judge a trade by how it helps Sid and Geno, not some rotisserie standard.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Because watching Sid and Geno tonight is like watching them on a fully healthy Pens team against a team like the Rangers or Bruins in the playoffs.

It's an analogy. One day, I'll explain the concept, but I'm watching the game right now.

People get old. Also, half the issues from tonight have come from our younger players. Also, players go through bad streaks.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid cannot help himself :laugh: Has to be a cute inbetween the skates pass. Cannot just be a normal pass.

I'm not sure that I blame him. He's been set up to fail. So, he fails. Now, he's trying to 'will' himself to success, thereby taking an impossible situation and making it worse.

A night like tonight, I don't blame him. I blame this organization for creating the circumstances where Sid thinks he has to force things like this because he's got no help, which in fact he does.

EDIT: It's like watching Malkin in full fledged zombie mode. This because inevitable the day Comeau went down and MJ decided to have Sutter center him, no matter how bad it's looked every time.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Abso-frickin'-lutely! If you think this game would not have been vastly different if we had a John Scott on our roster, then you'll never get it.

When you play on the road, you better be ready for anything. Jordin Tootoo MAY have engaged Bortuzzo tonight with a Scott in our lineup, but he certainly would NOT have jumped him like he did. And certainly not twice.

I respect Tootoo for doing his job. He's avenging Jagr and I get that. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone to do our job.

This thing would have been nipped in the bud a lot earlier had we someone who could settle things down. Or finish them off.

They'll never get it. Regardless of how much abuse Sid and Geno take, how many beatdowns we receive, how many teams punk us in the playoffs, etc, some people are simply blinded by their vision of how they think the league should be, not how it actually is. And unfortunately Mario Lemieux is one of those people

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Abso-frickin'-lutely! If you think this game would not have been vastly different if we had a John Scott on our roster, then you'll never get it.

When you play on the road, you better be ready for anything. Jordin Tootoo MAY have engaged Bortuzzo tonight with a Scott in our lineup, but he certainly would NOT have jumped him like he did. And certainly not twice.

I respect Tootoo for doing his job. He's avenging Jagr and I get that. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone to do our job.

This thing would have been nipped in the bud a lot earlier had we someone who could settle things down. Or finish them off.
Good post.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I guess I'll take it as a sign that MJ is aware that Kunitz is **** since he's not the other winger with Sid and Geno. But Rust really shouldn't be in an NHL top 6.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if anyone has ever tried actually to work Sid and Geno together they rarely good look together...

I would've considered 'trying' playing them together the whole game, not waiting until there were 10 minutes left with the Pens down 3-1.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
When will the Rust experiment end?

Probably when we don't have 12 guys injured or with the mumps.

Nah. We had Godard, Talbot, Rupp AND Engelland and it didn't stop a damn thing against the Islanders a few years ago.

It's wishful, and frankly silly, thinking to say Scott, or any other guy who should be mopping floors at McDonald's would stop things from happening. That's not how it works. That's not how it's worked for decades.

All John Scott does is take up cap space and a roster spot while playing an abysmal 5 minutes of hockey a night, occasionally fighting another useless goon in a scripted fight, or taking his 15th cheapshot at a guy.

NHL players are grown men. They are going to jump someone if they have their mind set on it. They're not afraid of other grown men.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I guess I'll take it as a sign that MJ is aware that Kunitz is **** since he's not the other winger with Sid and Geno. But Rust really shouldn't be in an NHL top 6.

Look on the bright side. Atleast MJ doesn't have Sutter centering Sid AND Geno as a response to how bad Kunitz is.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It actually wouldn't shock me... It's Bylsma level stupidity.

Well, when it comes to bench management, I'm not sure the change has been as pronounced as some might suggest.

On most nights, I'm hard pressed to see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad