GDT: Game 36: Mr. Walsh Goes To Washington: Boston Bruins @ Washinton Capitals 7:30pm ET NESN, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Thanks! Big props to rockstar Fenway'. He's been amazing while I've taken a break. Not the easiest time of year for me, but I do appreciate the kind words.

Would be real nice to beat them for a change

You both are huge here and the board definitely wouldn't be as fun without you, I remember trying to do GDT's back when I was in college and had more free time than I do now and even then I found them time consuming and difficult, can the new HF give you an unsung hero trophy? :handclap:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I felt Wilson was kept in check last game we played them, no? Chara confronted him early and he didn't really make an impact. Maybe I was seeing things. My memory isn't always great when it comes to things like that.

I saw Dom Tiano bring up a suggestion that maybe tonight is the night you put McQuaid back in there. Not really sure who comes out though. 7 defenseman? Sit Kuraly/Schaller?

Yup Chara had a few choice words with Wilson who was as meek as a mouse afterwards. :nod:

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Love to see them get ahead of some of the Metro teams and shut them up. I imagine McQuaid should be in to answer a few guys and hopefully see where he is at, possible trade bait.... maybe. Too many guys at the bar stool and not enough chairs, sucks but it is reality. Not even sure how Krech gets in or even Cehlarik. That would be a hell of a package deal. We do need the depth for the run but curious how they handle all the contracts

Last edited:

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Yup Chara had a few choice words with Wilson who was as meek as a mouse afterwards. :nod:
He was until when he blindsided Marchand.

I would love to see Chara go beast-mode on him. They cant be letting players take free-shots against players like Marchand who's a true superstar in this league especially when hes already engaged with another player.
Two Capitals take on Marchand, Orlov scores takedown

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan and TCB

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

dm36.jpg
tl21.jpg

Referees Dean Morton (36), TJ Luxmore (21)
Linesmen Scott Cherrey (50), Lonnie Cameron (74)

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Capitals tonight for the third of three games between these teams and the Bruins’ lone visit of the season to Capital One Arena … The Bruins are 20-10-5 this season and are 7-5-2 on the road thus far … They are 5-3-2 against Metropolitan Division foes and 10-4-4 against the Eastern Conference.

The Bruins are opening tonight a 3-game road trip, continuing in Ottawa on 12/30 and at NY Islanders on 1/2 before returning home to host Florida on 1/4. - They are concluding tonight their 6th of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 4-1-1 in the 1st game of those sets and are 2-3-0 in the 2nd games so far.

They are also playing game 2 of their 6th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season … They have gone 3-2-1 in game 1s, 3-1-1 in game 2s and 3-1-1 in game 3s of those series this season.

BOSTON vs WASHINGTON, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Capitals are meeting for the 157th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 76-49-21-10 record and a 506-436 scoring advantage in those contests. - The Bruins are 34-25-12-6 in games played between the teams in Washington, with a 244-226 scoring edge. - The Bruins are winless in their last 11 games vs. the Capitals at 0-9-2, with their last win of this lifetime series coming on Mar. 29, 2014 (4-2 road win) … That includes a 3-2 loss on 11/4 and 5-3 setback on 12/14 in the first 2 games of this season’s series … They are 2-11-5 in their last 18 games overall vs. Washington and are winless in their last 5 in Washington at 0-4-1. - Fun Fact – Boston’s 11-game winless streak vs. Washington is their longest current streak vs. any opponent.

WAYBACK MACHINE
Waybackmachine3.png

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Brad Marchand is one assist shy of the 200 NHL/Bruins assists milestone. - Torey Krug is four points short of his 200th NHL/Bruins point. - Patrice Bergeron is five points shy of his 700th NHL/Bruins point.

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
I felt Wilson was kept in check last game we played them, no? Chara confronted him early and he didn't really make an impact. Maybe I was seeing things. My memory isn't always great when it comes to things like that.

I saw Dom Tiano bring up a suggestion that maybe tonight is the night you put McQuaid back in there. Not really sure who comes out though. 7 defenseman? Sit Kuraly/Schaller?

I like this idea, esp if krech is back. Caps need to know that they can’t push us around.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins still haven't corrected the website about NESN showing the game so I call the Bruins office.

I will not name the Bruins employee but the conversation went like this.

Me: NBCSN is showing the game outside of New England but NESN is showing it locally.

Bruins: NESN is not showing the game - it is on NBCSN only.

Me: OK tell you what - If the game isn't on NESN I will donate $500 to the Bruins foundation, IF the game IS on NESN you give me 2 club seats to a game this season.

Bruins: Sounds fair

Placed on hold and listen to Dave Goucher doing highlights for 5 minutes.

Bruins: What game do you want to go to?

:biglaugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The Bruins still haven't corrected the website about NESN showing the game so I call the Bruins office.

I will not name the Bruins employee but the conversation went like this.

Me: NBCSN is showing the game outside of New England but NESN is showing it locally.

Bruins: NESN is not showing the game - it is on NBCSN only.

Me: OK tell you what - If the game isn't on NESN I will donate $500 to the Bruins foundation, IF the game IS on NESN you give me 2 club seats to a game this season.

Bruins: Sounds fair

Placed on hold and listen to Dave Goucher doing highlights for 5 minutes.

Bruins: What game do you want to go to?

:biglaugh:
Nicely done

Reactions: eightspokedb

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Sucks, but I gotta miss this one. Normally, missing a WAS game it’s something that I wouldn’t mind, but I have a good feeling about this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad