GDT: Game 36 | Jackets @ Senators | 1/3 7pm

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
With tonight's loss, the CBJ will have gotten 5 out of possible 30 points in their 15 road games. That's a 14 points pace for the entire road season.

That is a strong Tank stat.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Horrible game. Maybe I missed a bright spot among all the stench, but - serious question - did any Jacket have a decent game.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
And people seriously think that this kind of horror can just abruptly vanish like nothing at all is wrong as soon as we Draft One Guy.
I don't know the answer to your question. What I do know is playing well down the stretch and playing ourselves out of a real shot in the lottery has never equated to being an improved team the next season. So I am not opposed to trying something different this year.

Reactions: koteka and Toe Pick

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm about 95% sure I'll need to give up my quarter season ticket plan after this season. Part of me isn't sad about it because of how bad we are. Another part of me will be sad to have to bail out if was actually end up having Karma finally go our way and we somehow miraculously land Bedard.

I was in NJ/NYC area last week and went to see the Devils/Hurricanes game on Sunday. So much offensive talent on that team they are fun to watch. Just sucks they lost Marino to injury and have some defensive and goaltending weaknesses right now after Vanecek came back to earth and Blackwood just sucks. There just doesn't seem to be anything fun to watch about the CBJ right now.

Reactions: MAHJ71

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Now explain to me why Laine was playing? They couldn't let him rest? Although he was playing very well for his problems. I liked the Roslovic and Sillinger lines.
I won't comment on the game.

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
And people seriously think that this kind of horror can just abruptly vanish like nothing at all is wrong as soon as we Draft One Guy.
Yup, it sure can .. team has some quality wingers and absolutely no play down center ice . Hard to have an affective offensive with that makeup . Bedard #1c, KJ continues to grow and gives you a great #1, #2, down the middle .

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm about 95% sure I'll need to give up my quarter season ticket plan after this season. Part of me isn't sad about it because of how bad we are. Another part of me will be sad to have to bail out if was actually end up having Karma finally go our way and we somehow miraculously land Bedard.

I was in NJ/NYC area last week and went to see the Devils/Hurricanes game on Sunday. So much offensive talent on that team they are fun to watch. Just sucks they lost Marino to injury and have some defensive and goaltending weaknesses right now after Vanecek came back to earth and Blackwood just sucks. There just doesn't seem to be anything fun to watch about the CBJ right now.
This is precisely why Jarmo and JD need to go. Now. When long term STHs find the product to be so bad that they are seriously considering dropping their tickets, it's time for a change.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
i try to be a fair guy. I call out Laine when he looks disinterested or struggling with effort, so it’s only fair to do it with Gaudreau as well.

He looks defeated. Going through the motions. Not dangerous.
Honestly, Johnny looked terrible.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
If the team is truly this bad there is no such thing as a single player that can make it that much better. It's literally not possible. Even Crosby couldn't do that alone for the Penguins.
To be fair we wouldn't know what the team looks like with Bedard and a competent coach.

One thing is for sure, the roster construction at least defensively, ain't it. The whole team right now is unwatchable but it stems from a shit defense.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
This is precisely why Jarmo and JD need to go. Now. When long term STHs find the product to be so bad that they are seriously considering dropping their tickets, it's time for a change.
I mean I agree but that isn't the reason I'll probably be dropping my tickets. I'm just going to be extremely busy over the next year and I no longer have a seat partner for games. I'll be going to the rest of the games on the plan this season by myself most likely.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If the team is truly this bad there is no such thing as a single player that can make it that much better. It's literally not possible. Even Crosby couldn't do that alone for the Penguins.
He sure sparked that turnaround though . It’s not like Pitt was winning games when they were lucky enough to draft him . No debating the turn around that occurred after he was drafted

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To be fair we wouldn't know what the team looks like with Bedard and a competent coach.

One thing is for sure, the roster construction at least defensively, ain't it. The whole team right now is unwatchable but it stems from a shit defense.
We keep destroying player morale like this and we never will.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Anyone feeling bad, sad, disheartened, disappointed etc, go watch Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli highlights and imagine them wearing a CBJ crest. That’s a good remedy,

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Maybe you are right but for once I would like to try it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad