GDT: Game 36: Coyotes @ Blues - FSAZ - 6PM - Meet Me In St. Louis

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Wow, little scared that bad blood is going to boil over with so many games against the Blues. Dirty play with injuries are imminent

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Fun. Fun! I noticed I wasn't the only one asking, but I still want to ask: Why has Kuemper started to belly-flop like that? Now, he still had great stats in this game, so it didn't matter. But I wonder.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
If we match up against them in the playoffs, it could make for a really exciting series. I'd love for the blues to become our new rival in the central.
We’ll have no shortage of rivals in the central, but he’ll yeah... let’s add the Blues!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Another game vs STL has been officially added for Friday so we now play them Friday, Saturday, and next Monday in Glendale.
doesn't make sense to do just one. Might as well do both the other STL games and open up the window in our schedule for the flex-scheduling later. Make it easier to re-schedule the missed ones.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If we match up against them in the playoffs, it could make for a really exciting series. I'd love for the blues to become our new rival in the central.
I heard Darren Pang on Sirius NHL Network after the 2nd STL-Coyote game in an extended interview. He joined to talk about the Blues given he's their color analyst, but he couldn't stop talking about Arizona....glowing comments, overall point was about how STL couldn't handle the Coyotes speed.

Thought about that as I watched the last 2 games, Panger was exactly right, the Blues Dmen were no match for the Coyote forwards...add in a relentless forecheck and it's not an accident the Coyotes beat them in 3 straight.

Very interested to see what happens the next 3 games. Do the Blues adjust? Do the Coyotes come out flat as they historically do after a long road trip? Can the Coyotes keep it up?

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
doesn't make sense to do just one. Might as well do both the other STL games and open up the window in our schedule for the flex-scheduling later. Make it easier to re-schedule the missed ones.

If it's the 4/15 game that's rescheduled, it does help, though. Opens up a 5-day window from a 3-day window.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I heard Darren Pang on Sirius NHL Network after the 2nd STL-Coyote game in an extended interview. He joined to talk about the Blues given he's their color analyst, but he couldn't stop talking about Arizona....glowing comments, overall point was about how STL couldn't handle the Coyotes speed.

Thought about that as I watched the last 2 games, Panger was exactly right, the Blues Dmen were no match for the Coyote forwards...add in a relentless forecheck and it's not an accident the Coyotes beat them in 3 straight.

Very interested to see what happens the next 3 games. Do the Blues adjust? Do the Coyotes come out flat as they historically do after a long road trip? Can the Coyotes keep it up?
I always liked Pang, was sad when he left our org. I didnt get to watch every game but that seems accurate. Last season I saw a lot of STL fans talking about how their team struggled against some of the more physical teams in the league, not unlike us. If we can maintain our speed, continue to add high end skill and upgrade our physicality, I'd feel pretty good about our team as a contender.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I thought they out played us a little last game and we were fortunate to win. I think they are feeling the effects and need to adjust post Petrangelo.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I might be the only one but I am actually digging these little series. I hope the league can keep something like this moving forward. Cut down on travel costs.

I like it too. You get a really good feel about how the team looks against the same competition. Takes out that fluke one bad game on a bad night. You play a 3 or 4 games series, you know what each team has. I think it will be especially good for us against the physical teams. Might take a series or two against a team like Vegas to toughen us up enough to have a chance against them in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad