GDT: Game 36: Coyotes @ Blues - FSAZ - 6PM - Meet Me In St. Louis

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
:coyotes at :blues

Crouse returns and draws in for the injured Caggiula. No other lineup changes.

Starting goalie TBD. Binnington goes for STL.

66ee8f0a-a6a4-425d-ace5-85d1eae4833c-AP21036138321658.jpg

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
I think the Blues were sleeping on the Yotes heading into this long series. After losing 2 in a row I envision a very aggressive and hungry Blues team tonight. This will be a tough one.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Keen to see what the additional size provided by Crouse will do against the Blues.

Caggiula had fizzled out a bit in the last few games and honestly he was closed to be an healthy scratch.

On a minor note, glad that Chaput is in again, he has been effective.

Reactions: moosemeister

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Caggiula out for Crouse might be kind of perfect, we shall see.

Definitely need to keep the gas down and keep taking the game to the Blues as much as possible. If the Blues want to come out strong, beat them to the punch, I say!

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Need an old fashioned Dave Tippett game where we win 2-1 but are outshot 48-23.

Come to think of it, I don't recall any games this season where we've been wildly outshot like past Tocchet years.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Come to think of it, I don't recall any games this season where we've been wildly outshot like past Tocchet years.
We’ve had mostly solid efforts this season and not a whole lot of embarrassment (by our standards, the blown leads and near blown leads aren’t great, but relative to other seasons in recent history, not that bad). Been way, way easier to cheer for this team, regardless of wins and losses. I straight up hated last years team by the end. Lol.

Reactions: Mosby and _Del_

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Hey guys! Haven't seen a lot of Coyotes hockey, but I've been trying to follow the team this year since I have Hayton, Dvorak and Kuemper on my fantasy team.

I often look up your lineups and see Hayton in enviable spots, yet he seems to finish every game with 10-12 minutes of icetime only, including 2-4 minutes on the PP. Has he been that bad defensively that he needs to be sheltered this much? I mean, I see him with Brassard and Kessel right now, that line should be getting 15 minutes a game, no?

Also, Dvorak seems to have taken the next step and has been producing... Has he been doing it playing with guys like Caggiula, Crouse and freaking Pitlick? Is there a reason Tocchet doesn't give him better linemates?

Thanks for any input on your team! :)

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
on the contrary, he's actually been really good defensively. There just isn't a lot of creativity in the ozone between Brassard, Hayton & Kessel. He's probably increase his point totals by taking over the wing on Dvorak's line, but he's being groomed at C, so he needs to stay there.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hey guys! Haven't seen a lot of Coyotes hockey, but I've been trying to follow the team this year since I have Hayton, Dvorak and Kuemper on my fantasy team.

I often look up your lineups and see Hayton in enviable spots, yet he seems to finish every game with 10-12 minutes of icetime only, including 2-4 minutes on the PP. Has he been that bad defensively that he needs to be sheltered this much? I mean, I see him with Brassard and Kessel right now, that line should be getting 15 minutes a game, no?

Also, Dvorak seems to have taken the next step and has been producing... Has he been doing it playing with guys like Caggiula, Crouse and freaking Pitlick? Is there a reason Tocchet doesn't give him better linemates?

Thanks for any input on your team! :)

We recently loaded up the first line with our top skill players and it's paying off. If you look up and down the roster you'll see that Pitlick, Kessel, Hayton and Brassard are probably the next most skilled. Dvo is elevating other players right now so I think RT is just spreading out the forwards between the 2nd and 3rd and that's why Dvo has been playing with Cags and Pitlick.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I'm hoping for the best tonight but I suspect the Blues come ready to play after being beat twice in a row. If we win this game, we might have a decent team, 3 straight against the Blues would be great, but I expect a loss tonight, hope I am wrong though.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Some things I've got my eye on lately:
Brassard - Slowed down a lot, 1 assist in his last 6 games is not great and he's noticeably less engaged than his first stretch of games.
Goligoski and more significantly, Demers are looking better albeit slowly.
Team overall has not had a "big" loss scoreboard wise since January 20th.
Kessel has 4 assists in 4 games, wish there was some goalscoring along with his increased engagement but at least he's putting up points a lot closer to his career averages than barely half a point per.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Talking about adding a 7th game to the series to be played at GRA on Thursday. Maybe.

I hope GMBA and Doug Armstrong organise a joint barbecue for both teams when it is over. Sneak in a Kachina jersey on O'Reilly and perhaps the Blues won't notice who belongs to which team anymore.

Reactions: 0point1

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t understand the joke of misnumbering the games in the thread titles? Is the idea that it just feels like there have been more games or what’s the story?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->