GDT: Game 36: Coyotes @ Blues - FSAZ - 6PM - Meet Me In St. Louis

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I don't know how to explain what in feeling right now.

It's for me:
Last season and the good start was filled with a sense of existential dread knowing it would eventually snap back in our faces. Which it did....as a slow moving trainwreck from November on. Despite beating the bubble and Nashville due to the way the NHL seeded things.

This season's start hasn't actually been as good standings wise, but the team has the timbre of a real hockey team. Something we can build on and areas for improvement. Players like Dvorak and Garland, homegrown talent, are putting up not just "good for Coyotes numbers" but really good performances.

EDIT: Add Chychrun to that too.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
It's for me:
Last season and the good start was filled with a sense of existential dread knowing it would eventually snap back in our faces. Which it did....as a slow moving trainwreck from November on. Despite beating the bubble and Nashville due to the way the NHL seeded things.

This season's start hasn't actually been as good standings wise, but the team has the timbre of a real hockey team. Something we can build on and areas for improvement. Players like Dvorak and Garland, homegrown talent, are putting up not just "good for Coyotes numbers" but really good performances.

I think I wanted the Yotes to bear Nashville more to decrease the value of the 1st more than "making the playoffs". That Brad Richardson goal was amazing. Then I immediately had to think about how bad the next round would be. It was worse than I expected.

Wasn't much progress with the kids last year. Maybe a slight uptick for Dvo, Garland kinda proved he belonged but that was about it.

This feels completely different.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
It's for me:

EDIT: Add Chychrun to that too.
This feels a lot more sustainable than last year. The offensive system is working, it isn't all just fluke goals off the rush.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm still not convinced that this run is sustainable - after all, what happens when we play a team that's not the Blues? :laugh:

That said - Keller set the franchise record for latest regulation goal. Conor Garland deked Jordan Binnington out of his jock. And Dvorak? I haven't seen a shootout celly with that much poker face since Marek Malik went between the legs. Fun to be on a winning streak... kinda forgot what that felt like.

Glad Hayton's here for this and not in Tucson.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm still not convinced that this run is sustainable - after all, what happens when we play a team that's not the Blues? :laugh:

That said - Keller set the franchise record for latest regulation goal. Conor Garland deked Jordan Binnington out of his jock. And Dvorak? I haven't seen a shootout celly with that much poker face since Marek Malik went between the legs. Fun to be on a winning streak... kinda forgot what that felt like.

Yeah St. Louis isn't pounding us physically like teams like Vegas and Dallas do. We'll have to see if they can handle that kind of opponent consistently.

Reactions: Jakey53

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
DVO or Schmaltz - we have two legitimate two way top six NHL centers and two legitimate star scoring wingers. Not to mention Hayton, who has looked good and appears to have his development well on track. And a gritty bottom six. Something is starting here.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
image.jpg

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

Well we know what happens when we play Vegas. Colorado will be very tough, but they're a top 2 team in the league so I expect us to lose.

MIN is equal or worse to STL, and then there are the Cali teams.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The real surprise for me is Schmaltz almost PPG as our top line center. He hasn't zoned out and looked disinterested, he's actually going to the f***ing net for once and he's backchecking. Shortleash line is actually looking deadly right now.
I wonder about this, did BA come in and ask Schmaltz what he wanted and would give him a real chance at it if he gave 100% every game?

Reactions: Grimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad