GDT: Game 36: Coyotes @ Avalanche | Sunday, Dec. 27th, 6PM MT | Bounce Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Great OT, 3on3 is utter chaos and I love it. Too bad it ended the way it did.

Mitchell shouldn't be on the top line.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Much more entertaining than a shootout though. :nod:

No doubt about it. Although I really don't like to see the Avs play 3 on 3. It's just too nerve-racking.

Tough loss. Won't win many games with not a single one of Landeskog, Duchene, Barrie, Duchene performing well.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah, I think there was a few of us who knew the depth scoring wouldn't continue to save our ***** as it has been. It completely dried up tonight, and none of Landeskog, MacK, or Duchene stepped up.

Duchene was pretty bad all night. Pucks bouncing off his stick and looked like Jim Cummins in OT. He had two 2 on 1's and did nothing with it. hes so damn streaky. he can go into a 10=16 game goalless drought and then score 13 in 14 games lol

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
meanwhile iggy played a good game. Not just because he scored a goal.

Soda has been amazing lately with comeau and marty. This line has been carrying us during the strech.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
meanwhile iggy played a good game. Not just because he scored a goal.

Soda has been amazing lately with comeau and marty.

he scored a goal and was responsible for the stone goal. All his weak ass had to do was get that puck in deep. Didnt help that Landeskog decides to flail for no reason as usual doe.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Duchene was pretty bad all night. Pucks bouncing off his stick and looked like Jim Cummins in OT. He had two 2 on 1's and did nothing with it. hes so damn streaky. he can go into a 10=16 game goalless drought and then score 13 in 14 games lol

Same with MacKinnon - and it's costing us.

Still there have been positives about this game. We looked like the better team most of the game. Should have capitalized on our scoring chances. Let's see if we can bounce back @SJ tomorrow.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Both of those 2 on 1's I couldn't believe Duchene kept slowing down. Don't know what the hell he was thinking. He was certainly the cause of the goal in Overtime. Frustrating.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If Duchene isn't going to play on MacKinnon's wing then I'd like to see him back at center.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I can't believe people love the 3 on 3, I mean I'm not saying this because the Avs lost, I say it even when Avs won their 3 on 3 but it's really stupid, it does not belong in the NHL, it's something that looks like you're watching a beer league game

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Same with MacKinnon - and it's costing us.

Still there have been positives about this game. We looked like the better team most of the game. Should have capitalized on our scoring chances. Let's see if we can bounce back @SJ tomorrow.

Mack just needs to drive that net. I mean wats the point of you gaining all that muscle if ur gonna button hook every ****in time? He had 5 shots tonight but the only one that seemed to have a chance was the last shot with 1:39 left other than that nothing. Shots hitting goalies in the chest. This goalless drought is getting to him for sure.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I can't believe people love the 3 on 3, I mean I'm not saying this because the Avs lost, I say it even when Avs won their 3 on 3 but it's really stupid, it does not belong in the NHL, it's something that looks like you're watching a beer league game

I actually didnt mind ties. The best game I have ever seen was a tie. 2002 Canada vs Czech in Salt lake. incredible game

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Oh how I wish our stars would come through in games like that.

Wasn't a very fun watch until the 3rd, partly since I chose to listen to the Yotes feed.

MacK needs to just spend a game physically blasting everything he can. He looks too tense and frustrated out there right now.

I just don't see what others do in Martinsen. I get what his role is on that line, but it isn't enough for me.

The Landeskog-Vermette battle was fun, I like how those develop in a game.

I'm saddened about how ineffective guys like Duchene, MacK and Barrie seem to be in the OT so far.

Team got a point though and the rust kicked off, so all is definitely not lost.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I'm not, the arizona commentators also agreed with me.

*I'm talking about the first goal against not the OT

The Yotes announcers are morons. Stone walked in a let a clapper go top corner from the top of the circle. Great shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad