GDT: Game 36: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 12/21 7PM EST

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well, not the trip I was hoping for but, nice to cross Consol off my rink list.

Oh and two free Penguins beanies that were giveaways. Had two different Pens fans try to buy them off of me - and the look on their faces when I told them I was donating them to a charity were priceless.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
waive Campbell. Sadly though, our face off % would be even worse. It's about the only thing he does well.

Not this year. He's under 44% for the year.

However, I don't really know what waiving Campbell is a prereq for moving Hartnell. They seem quite independent. Yeah, we were talking Hartnell.

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio

I'm shocked. I was tied up with things so I missed all of the game but after seeing the replays, he really should have been suspended, at least one but probably two games. Stupid, stupid move. And the NHL didn't do it.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Pens fan here. Stop your whining. Be realistic about your team. You have a lot of good players. But Torts as a coach is a laughing stock.

Why do you think both The Rags and Nucks let him go. Simple answer, players today do not want to play Torts style hockey. The Rags and Nucks players didn't. I am very surprised JD went along with bringing in Torts (who always hated and I mean hated Crosby and Malkin). That's nothing new, same old story.

In Johansen, You have a nice # 1 C and A-hole torts his ruining him. If you want the BJs to turn it around, get rid of Torts first, otherwise you get a top 3 pick.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Pens fan here. Stop your whining. Be realistic about your team. You have a lot of good players. But Torts as a coach is a laughing stock.

Why do you think both The Rags and Nucks let him go. Simple answer, players today do not want to play Torts style hockey. The Rags and Nucks players didn't. I am very surprised JD went along with bringing in Torts (who always hated and I mean hated Crosby and Malkin). That's nothing new, same old story.

In Johansen, You have a nice # 1 C and A-hole torts his ruining him. If you want the BJs to turn it around, get rid of Torts first, otherwise you get a top 3 pick.

Well, it sure is nice of a Pens fan to educate us all as to what good coaching looks like.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I was not a fan of the Torts hire but, and I mean this in the nicest way, you really don't know what you're talking about as regards the CBJ. Your diagnosis is based on too little information over a too short span of time.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
This season can't end soon enough, I've been a die hard hockey fan since I was 5 years old, I'm 42 now, and this is the most disappointing season of my lifetime, I dread going to the games now and I never thought that would happen in a million years. If I thought anyone would give me more than $5 a piece for my center ice club seats, I would get rid of them in a heartbeat. I'm in constant depression over this team and this season. So incredibly disappointing.

And to the Pens fan, go away, you don't know ****, Torts is exactly what this team needs, our defense is just SO bad that we will not win with this D corps. We need, just like last season, a complete overhaul of the D. Murray is as bad as the rest of them now, he was supposed to be our savior.

Last edited by a moderator:

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Well, it sure is nice of a Pens fan to educate us all as to what good coaching looks like.

Yes, the truth hurts about torts. You are right about pens coach MJ. He was was a disaster. Before any one defends torts here, go to the Rags or Nucks board and ask why he was let go. When Torts is let go now or whenever by BJs, the answer will be the same.Players today don't want to play Tort's old style hockey. Any one that defends idiot torts just doesn't know hockey.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, the truth hurts about torts. You are right about pens coach MJ. He was was a disaster. Before any one defends torts here, go to the Rags or Nucks board and ask why he was let go. When Torts is let go now or whenever by BJs, the answer will be the same.Players today don't want to play Tort's old style hockey. Any one that defends idiot torts just doesn't know hockey.

Torts is such a bad coach that Team USA hired him to coach their World Cup team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

I have zero interest in what a bunch of crybaby Canucks fans think about Tortorella.

We're well aware of his flaws and shortcomings, and also of the positives. We're not even two months into his tenure with this team, and to suggest that everything is destined to repeat itself because of what happened with a soft team in Vancouver is nothing but the moronic blatherings of someone given a platform to spew idiocy to anyone unfortunate enough to read.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

You've got plenty of your own problems to worry about. Including but not limited to losing to the CBJ twice this year.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

You are proving my earlier point. You think after one game against the team you follow you have any understanding of the Jackets? Or that no one has told us anything about Torts' past since he was hired two months ago? Or that we didn't already know all of those things the first time someone brought them up?

etm124

Dec 21, 2014
Pennsylvania

Why are you even posting this here? Just stop.

You're making us look bad.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014

:thumbu: We are now in the same boat (after Pens hired Mike Sullivan) Both ( Mike and Torts) are "very cerebral about the game" :laugh: At least Mike has said that he has learned a lot from Tortorella, including how to handle star players :laugh:

johnniewalker

Dec 14, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
the moronic blatherings of someone given a platform to spew idiocy to anyone unfortunate enough to read.

welcom-to-the-internet-google1.png

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Now YOU, I respect. :handclap:

I'd be doing the same thing if I found one of my fellow CBJ fans posting this on the Pens board after a humiliating defeat. You're right - enjoy the win, no need to do a classless victory lap by trolling the other teams fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad