GDT: Game 36: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 12/21 7PM EST

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Not that it would have made much difference but shouldn't Jenner have hooked or tripped Malkin there?

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Not that it would have made much difference but shouldn't Jenner have hooked or tripped Malkin there?

Malkin had a step on Jenner. Had Jenner tripped him it likely would've been counted as a goal. Penalty shot = goal when goalie is pulled.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Special teams killed the Jackets. Failed to score on the 5-3 and give the Pens some serious doubts. PP looked horrible in the 3rd when only down 4-2 and a goal would have made things interesting. Giving up 2 was also bad.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I missed the "the". It'll be a little harder to move him at the deadline with the remainder of his term. Not the prototypical deadline move. Most playoff teams looking to add aren't looking to add for another 3 years.

interesting point, I hadn't considered that.

Hopefully it doesn't mean we'll get burned in the deal just to shed the contract... although maybe the cap space alone would be something mgmt deems valuable

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

Hopefully it doesn't mean we'll get burned in the deal just to shed the contract... although maybe the cap space alone would be something mgmt deems valuable

I think we would have to give up some enticing piece/s to shed that contract

:cry:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I'm not sure we move him to be honest. At least not this deadline. With 3 years left, it might be more an off season move and I think the Jackets will force someone to overpay for him if they decide to move him. I don't think moving him is a huge priority at this point.

Just an opinion, but he's far more of an asset than a liability, at this point. Trading him to get cap space is more a rebuild move. I think we'll look to do more of a retool than just dump contracts to open up space for kids.

Assuming you can, you can just leave him unprotected in an expansion draft.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I think we would have to give up some enticing piece/s to shed that contract

:cry:

Frankly I think it would be one of the easier moves. Florida, as an example, has shown no issue with taking on a contract like that. He's still very productive.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Frankly I think it would be one of the easier moves. Florida, as an example, has shown no issue with taking on a contract like that. He's still very productive.

Easier in relation to other contracts on this team or easy in general?

He's not without value, I agree, but that term might give some pause

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Easier in relation to other contracts on this team or easy in general?

He's not without value, I agree, but that term might give some pause

Maybe. But there are a lot of teams that could use a 25 goal scorer that hasn't shown any decline the two years he's been here. With offense at a premium you, as a GM, are just asking if you can get 2 more years out of him. Honestly his age isn't a concern to me.

The question will always be cap. I don't think term is as much of an issue in an off season move. Deadline, a lot more so. That takes quite a few teams out of the market that are already cap strapped. In the off season it gets more teams involved and teams can work him in with other trades and expiring contracts.

Sure it's a short list of teams, but I don't think it's as intimidating as it was two years ago.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If we're talking about Hartnell, before you do that, waive Campbell. Sadly though, our face off % would be even worse. It's about the only thing he does well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad