GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Dude I could bring up so much more but hey whatever.

Funny thing is only leaf fans doesn't realize the value of their players like dion and kessel, you can put crosby in the ********* team in the world and he still won't take you the glorious playoff. Same goes for weber, subban, suter and so on so forth.

Bozie is how main guy that keeps the top line level headed and defensively smart. Bolland was a HUGE part both times the cups were won by chicago. If toews was spearheading the offense, bolland was spearheading the defense. So I don't know why you don't recognize this, when defense is a HUGE problem in our team. Forward and defensively.

Getting Bolland back will be like making a major trade deadline deal. Horrible injury that hurt the leadership to our young centers like Kadri/Holland.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Rumor is he's playing injured. Why, I have no idea.

yeah he's had a taped up wrist since the middle of November? the annoying thing is - if all he needed was rest, he should have taken the time to rest it. (and I bet you a big part of it is also due to Team USA stuff, not just Leafs stuff).

leafstilldeath*

Carlyle playing 4th line when we are trailing by 2 goals is

Jack Adams worthy.

lol

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Phil Kessel would return a decent package
Dion if we can sign him for cheap - will return decent package.
If we draft Top5 again.

We'll be rocking and rolling. Bozak+Clarkson just bury em in minors if you can't get anything for them.

We gotta put an end to the damage Brian Burke has done to this franchise.
If that means firing both Nonis and Randy - so be it.

We should keep Kessel his contract is more than decent now let alone 4 5 6 7 8 years from now

DaveT83*

If we manage to be the Leafs that beat Chicago every game, we win easily. But Leafs are always beating themselves.

What makes more sense to you:

The Leafs lose a ton of games to lesser opponents badly - then miraculously turn the corner for one game - then return to their atrocious losing ways.

OR

The Leafs lose a ton of games to lesser opponents badly - Chicago underestimates them and plays their 3rd string rookie goalie who lets in 5 really bad goals as a result making the leafs look better than they actually are - then the leafs continue their atrocious losing ways.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
So now on pace for 40 goals and a career goal season is totally losing your finish?

1 goal in the last 6 games including tonight. 24 shots in that span, many of them golden opportunities and not just low percentage. The 1 goal of course coming a game we won by 4.

So yeah, like I said, we've needed him in a bunch of close games lately (Boston, LA, Pittsburgh, and tonight were all close) and he hasn't been finishing (shooting 4% with a lot of great chances).

You do understand the word "lately," right? What does his season pace have to do with what I said?

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Phil Kessel would return a decent package
Dion if we can sign him for cheap - will return decent package.
If we draft Top5 again.

We'll be rocking and rolling. Bozak+Clarkson just bury em in minors if you can't get anything for them.

We gotta put an end to the damage Brian Burke has done to this franchise.
If that means firing both Nonis and Randy - so be it.

clarkson was all nonis, resigning bozak to that amount was all nonis

I don't see why people hate on bozak, the only thing bad about him is his contract, he's a great player.

DaveT83*

We should keep Kessel his contract is more than decent now let alone 4 5 6 7 8 years from now

hmmm

First year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Second year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Third year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Fourth year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Fifth year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Sixth ...

This already happened - do you really need another 8 years ?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Carlyle playing 4th line when we are trailing by 2 goals is

Jack Adams worthy.

lol

Do you not see the brilliant tumbleweed black hole or whatever it was in the board, brilliant, next he will have a better plan, I want to see the boys play the cake or top hat play.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
hmmm

First year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Second year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Third year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Fourth year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Fifth year of Kessels contract in Toronto: LOSERS
Sixth ...

k you are a bozak and kessel hater, congratulations, stop talking.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
yeah he's had a taped up wrist since the middle of November? the annoying thing is - if all he needed was rest, he should have taken the time to rest it. (and I bet you a big part of it is also due to Team USA stuff, not just Leafs stuff).

LOL anyone who has played hockey or football at a high level will tell you that having a taped up wrist does not imply an injury, let alone a severe one. Kessel looks like he has his taped up in such a way as to brace his inner wrist. Worst case scenario is he likely has mild tendonitis. The fact that he's had it for a month or so though likely means that he has it taped up for precautionary reasons. Definitely not an excuse for the guy to be playing poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad