GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Oh Clarkson...of all the times to do something right, hat would have been a good one.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Let's be realistic, this team is never going to win the cup with Kessel+Clarkson eating more than $13M in cap space and playing key roles. As fun as Kessel is to watch, it's pretty hard to win the cup without better more well rounded forwards - Kane, Toews, Kopitar, Richards, Krejci, Bergeron, Crosby, Malkin.

That means we aren't going to be serious contenders for at least another 6 years. Depressing, isn't it? Wish we could just push the reset button and start again from scratch or at least from where Burke left off. All we can really hope for now is that we can find a gem or two in the high draft picks we're likely to get the next couple of failed seasons before Nonis gets fired, and that they're actually able to find a great GM to replace him, not just another corporate lackey.

Holy doom and gloom Batman, lol

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
These long bank passes are not working. Why do they keep doing it over and over.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Randy is getting awfully silver-headed looking more and more every game.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hi we're the Toronto Maple Leafs, we don't know what any one of us is going to do next so we can never be in position to complete a play or sustain pressure all year.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
We've needed Kessel to get it done for us in a bunch of close games recently and he's just totally lost his finish. So many great chances for him.

So now on pace for 40 goals and a career goal season is totally losing your finish?

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Let's be realistic, this team is never going to win the cup with Kessel+Clarkson eating more than $13M in cap space and playing key roles. As fun as Kessel is to watch, it's pretty hard to win the cup without better more well rounded forwards - Kane, Toews, Kopitar, Richards, Krejci, Bergeron, Crosby, Malkin.

That means we aren't going to be serious contenders for at least another 6 years. Depressing, isn't it? Wish we could just push the reset button and start again from scratch or at least from where Burke left off. All we can really hope for now is that we can find a gem or two in the high draft picks we're likely to get the next couple of failed seasons before Nonis gets fired, and that they're actually able to find a great GM to replace him, not just another corporate lackey.

If we manage to be the Leafs that beat Chicago every game, we win easily. But Leafs are always beating themselves.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Wow - my track record must be pretty spotless if thats the only thing your able to throw out.

Kessel is a wonderful player. This team however will NEVER and has NEVER won a meaningful game with him leading the charge. 6 years I've been saying this and it hasn't changed - part of me wants him to stay for another 6 just so i can constantly remind you - but I love this franchise and want to see it succeed - so he's gotta go. ASAP

Dion is the same situation.

Holland has size. He's the only C we have with any at all. He's finding success because he's able to track down pucks and keep possession.

Bozak doesn't battle.

Bolland is 165lb - playing alongside 2 more 165lbers - its never going to work.

Dude I could bring up so much more but hey whatever.

Funny thing is only leaf fans doesn't realize the value of their players like dion and kessel, you can put crosby in the ********* team in the world and he still won't take you the glorious playoff. Same goes for weber, subban, suter and so on so forth.

Bozie is how main guy that keeps the top line level headed and defensively smart. Bolland was a HUGE part both times the cups were won by chicago. If toews was spearheading the offense, bolland was spearheading the defense. So I don't know why you don't recognize this, when defense is a HUGE problem in our team. Forward and defensively.

DaveT83*

Phil Kessel would return a decent package
Dion if we can sign him for cheap - will return decent package.
If we draft Top5 again.

We'll be rocking and rolling. Bozak+Clarkson just bury em in minors if you can't get anything for them.

We gotta put an end to the damage Brian Burke has done to this franchise.
If that means firing both Nonis and Randy - so be it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the only bright spot - is that every team that we needed to lose is losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad