GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV | #FeedTheChickens | #RAAANDY | #GoLeafsGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Great game by the boys, Clarkson really making his presence known grabbing guys sticks. This is the wa this team news to play to win. Chipping the puck off the boards and going around the D on the rush just like in Novice is a time tested proven zone entry. We just need to redouble our effort and the pick will slide itself in their net.

Go Leafs!

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
1 hour ago
@jonasTSN1050: Mason Raymond sits third on the Leafs in scoring and yet starts tonight's game on the fourth line, replaced by David Clarkson on 2nd unit.

THE **** RANDY???

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Story of the Leafs season so far.

Raymond gets tripped, no call and the opposition comes down the ice and scores :(

To be fair to the refs when you wear blue and white uniforms and play on a blue and white ice surface there becomes a zone of invisibility that only a fan sitting in row 5 of the upper deck can see. Easy to miss for 4 refs.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
carlyle cannot possibly survive after tonight, can he? I have a feeling nonis will pull the trigger. clearly the team has given up and tuned him out.

Maybe if they didn't beat the Black Hawks but I can see RC hanging around a little longer.

BayStreetBullies*

When was the last time the Leafs fired their coach in the middle of the season?

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
No he doesn't. He made a good save, Gunnarsson wasn't covering his man.

You dont see him looking behind him after almost every shot? Or scrambling around the crease looking for the puck? It's ridiculous.

Pure luck he stopped the first shot because apparently he's literally blind.

I was really surprised. Especially after the first breakaway goal. He had no clue where the rebound was. It's ridiculous. I couldn't care less about who our goalie is as long as they stop pucks.

Yes phaneuf, raymond and gunnarsson all ****ed up on the play but reimer is just so shaky

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Fleischmann had an open shot, just like Crosby did last night on Bernier. But hey, don't let the facts get in your way fanboy.
Saying things like that just further shows your fanboy ways. One is the best player in the world, also one shot was from an angle and the other in a shot. Should i put a sarcastic emotion like you always do? :sarcasm::sarcasm:
1 hour ago
@jonasTSN1050: Mason Raymond sits third on the Leafs in scoring and yet starts tonight's game on the fourth line, replaced by David Clarkson on 2nd unit.

THE **** RANDY???
This just shows he just loves his ****in goons. Its so annoying. Liles hasnt even played bad, but because they didnt win last night, Fraser gets to get back into the line up.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Fleischmann had an open shot, just like Crosby did last night on Bernier. But hey, don't let the facts get in your way fanboy.

If you want to be an NHL starter, you can't be doing **** like that on home ice against Florida against a guy like Fleischmann. But hey, standards don't apply to Reimer, right?

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I have a theory. The Leafs come out looking like they don't want it so often because they hate Carlyle's system. And I can see why, it sucks and is totally inappropriate for the lineup we have. And when the Leafs have an awesome game they do so despite Carlyle, playing short passes and the rush offense. Which is how they want to play.

Interesting thought. Last year they might have still had some habits left over from past coaches. Most of the roster played the first half of the year during the lockout for Eakins, or in Europe. You're not going to change your play style completely overnight, so most guys were probably following Carlyle's system at a high level, but still influenced by how they'd played during the lockout. This year, they've started with a blank slate, and doing everything 100% the Carlyle way doesn't appear to be working. Plus, now he's picked his favorites, they're no longer playing to try and impress the coach.

This is almost exactly what happened to the Pens. The year they won the cup, Therrien was fired mid-season and replaced by Bylsma. During that playoff run, they retained the defensive discipline Therrien had drilled into them over the years, while drawing motivation and better offensive play from Bylsma's contributions. But every year since then they've been horrible defensively in the playoffs and seem to have lost all the discipline they had during that cup run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland