GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV | #FeedTheChickens | #RAAANDY | #GoLeafsGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Lwally_zpsfa50439d.jpg
Wally_zps0a92d6ab.jpg

vUUfdQop02v_8991866.jpg

Last edited:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I'm a huge fan of Aziz Ansari but that video is very NSFW. Sorry. Great GDT though!

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Bernier is assumed but highly probable because Reimer skated during the optional skate, and the goalie that doesn't usually always gets the start

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Just win. Ottawa is just 3 points from knocking us out of the wild card spot...

4 - 1
Kessel, Kadri, Gardiner and Lupul for Toronto
Bjugstad for Florida

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs can't afford to lose this game as it would be a big blow to playoff aspirations.

Losing to Cup contenders is one thing, but losing to lottery teams is another.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Man they really seem to want to continue relying on Bernier. I by no means blame him for any of the losses recently, but Reimer does have a better record, with way less games played. They have to give him a shot again, he's the reason we were in the playoffs last year.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Why isn't Reimer starting?

I believe Carlyle has been told by Nonis to play Holland, Gardiner and Bernier.
Whether he likes it or not.
Dreger had a blurb about this somewhere if you believe it.
Perhaps Nonis is working on deals and needs to know what he can trust and move forward with.

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
I believe Carlyle has been told by Nonis to play Holland, Gardiner and Bernier.
Whether he likes it or not.
Dreger had a blurb about this somewhere if you believe it.
Perhaps Nonis is working on deals and needs to know what he can trust and move forward with.

i think this is pretty asinine. Carlyle will play whoever gives them the best chance of winning.

Holland is playing because Bozak and Bolland are hurt

Garinder is playing increased minutes because he's been VERY good last 4-5 games except for the occasional brain cramp

Bernier is playing because Carlyle has no faith in Reimer. That is evident.

BayStreetBullies*

Bernier is playing because Carlyle has no faith in Reimer. That is evident.

By that logic, Reimer won't start another game for the rest of the season. No faith = no starts. Are you willing to stand by that?

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Ohcome on. Bernier wasn't lights out in either of the games he played. He was great, but When reimer's played great the second of the back to back is always given to bernier.

I hope reimer's starting. Its the second of a back to back, no reason not to imo.

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed
NHL Player Safety ✔ @NHLPlayerSafety
Follow
In looking at Bortuzzo/D'Amigo, we see unavoidable head contact on an otherwise full body hit. Will not be pursuing supplemental discipline.
7:51 PM - 16 Dec 2013

Shananban, is starting to make this sport seem bush league. There is no continuity within suspensions. "This qualifies, this doesn't." How, does the majority of hits the Buds throw that maybe considered borderline end up w/suspensions and the opponents throw similar or the same hit and there is no "supplemental discipline"? We all remember Ferences' well placed elbow to Grabo's beak last year and what exactly did he get? Seidenberg throws one on D'amigo and in the same game Phaneuf throws a similar hit on a B's d-man. Result? Phanuef suspended and Seidenberg is not....I'm mostly pissed of that there was NO push back from the Leafs after that hit...none at all whatsoever and then if that didn't hurt his next shift he gets lit up by Bortuzzo again! While his teammates didn't even repond. This team has to start to play like a unit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad