GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV | #FeedTheChickens | #RAAANDY | #GoLeafsGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I love Berny but he lets in goals at the absolute worst time. It seems like anytime in the 3rd period were trailing or tied he lets in a goal with like 5 minutes left. His record shows how inconsisent he's been.

Looking forward to seeing Reimer back

lol ok buddy no goalie is gong to stop a wide open crosby in the slot with all the time in the world to pick a spot.

Put Reimer AND Bernier in net at the same time and Crosby still probably finds a small hole and scores

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If it wasn't a back to back scenario I would have expected Bernier, but seeing as it is then Reimer is the logical choice here.

Reimer is a very capable goalie and should be fine tonight, and has really pushed Bernier competitively this year.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
I love Berny but he lets in goals at the absolute worst time. It seems like anytime in the 3rd period were trailing or tied he lets in a goal with like 5 minutes left. His record shows how inconsisent he's been.

Looking forward to seeing Reimer back

Don't see how anyone can blame him for letting in a Crosby goal when he's wide open. Would you like to see him make that save? absolutely, but you can't fault any goalie for that type of goal, especially with the best player in the world.

Bernier actually played great last night, both goals weren't his fault.

yuRuFb1.png

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....position=G&country=&status=&viewName=summary#

We're a more stable team with Bernier in net.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
LeafsTV...........arrggghhh........ Even if it's a good night,, it will be a bad night

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
It's from 24/7. Carlyle was talking about putting in the rebounds Jones was allowing and saying we had to take advantage and to "go out there and feed the ****ing chickens".

So, was he referring to the Leafs players as chickens and the rebounds as the chicken feed?

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
meanwhile Washington vs Philadelphia is a national broadcast in Canada

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
It's from 24/7. Carlyle was talking about putting in the rebounds Jones was allowing and saying we had to take advantage and to "go out there and feed the ****ing chickens".

I don't quite understand.. And quite honestly, it is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen for a cheer or whatever these things are called. Eh, I might understand it better if I seen it on TV but I don't get HBO. :(

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hoping for a clean intense injury free match.

Huby a gametime decision; Gudbranson in. Winchester out.

Thomas not available till Friday, you luck out with Clemmer.

Have the Leafs and Panthers ever played an "intense" game?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
lol ok buddy no goalie is gong to stop a wide open crosby in the slot with all the time in the world to pick a spot.

Put Reimer AND Bernier in net at the same time and Crosby still probably finds a small hole and scores

Crosby admitted he fanned on the shot.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I don't quite understand.. And quite honestly, it is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen for a cheer or whatever these things are called. Eh, I might understand it better if I seen it on TV but I don't get HBO. :(

There's nothing really more to undertand. It's pretty nonsensical, which is what makes it a fun meme.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Crosby admitted he fanned on the shot.

Which is even more difficult for a goaltender to stop. Basically, You're looking for a fastball and the pitcher throws a change-up, to put it in baseball terms. Which in turn leaves a goaltender off-balance and totally messes up your timing and your read on where the shot is going.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Reimer - .928
Bernier - .925

The difference is negligible, so that chart you posted does nothing to prove your delusions about the Leafs being a more stable team with one goalie in net as opposed to the other.
Bernier has a better GAA and plays against tougher competition as well, so when you have similar sv% between the starter and the backup, then strength of competition plays a part in the analysis.

Boston, Chicago, Pitts, St Louis are among the best and highest scoring teams which reflect Bernier's sv%, while Florida is one of the lowest and Reimer sv% will be representative of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad