GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV | #FeedTheChickens | #RAAANDY | #GoLeafsGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Doobas*

Clarkson's back tonight, yeah? Was his suspension two games or three?

We definitely could've used him in last night's game.

BayStreetBullies*

plus Reimer is better than Bernier.

:sarcasm:
wonderwomanohnoyoudidnt.gif

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Clarkson's back tonight, yeah? Was his suspension two games or three?

We definitely could've used him in last night's game.

He is back and I agree.

He is the style of player that would have put pressure on and gained puck possession better.

Hopefully tonight against the Panthers the Leafs can control the puck in the offensive zone better than yesterday and Clarkson is one of those players who's role and responsibility it is to do exactly that. Win puck battles along the boards and get teammates those scoring opportunities.

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
Seems like Bernier might be starting, he missed option practice which usually happens when you are starting.

And the D'amigo hit was clean, he had his head down reaching for the puck. You don't do that in the NHL, love D'amigo but hopefully he learns from that.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
these December games against Florida are where your investment in Clarkson really starts to make sense. expect a monster game from him against our bitter rivals the Panthers.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Panthers have won 3 straight and are on a roll of late so Leafs have to take them seriously tonight.

There is times where teams take an opponent too lightly and tonight could be one of those potential situations here.

Leafs hopefully bring their A game.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Panthers have won 3 straight and are on a roll of late so Leafs have to take them seriously tonight.

There is times where teams take an opponent too lightly and tonight could be one of those potential situations here.

Leafs hopefully bring their A game.

After how this team has played for most of the last month and a half, they really have no right to take ANYONE lightly.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Hoping for a clean intense injury free match.

Huby a gametime decision; Gudbranson in. Winchester out.

Thomas not available till Friday, you luck out with Clemmer.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
After how this team has played for most of the last month and a half, they really have no right to take ANYONE lightly.

No disagreement here, but we have all seen this play out often as I suggested.

Playing up to your level of competition.

You look at the schedule and see Bos, LA, STL, Chicago and Pitts and think better bring your A game.. Then Florida comes along and teams look past them thinking this is a win and look past it. Florida is that perfect storm opportunity for this to occur tonight.

Hopefully the Leafs come out tonight and not take the Panthers for granted.

BayStreetBullies*

I guess bobbyflex won't be happy that Reimer is starting. :laugh:

But glad to see Optimus Reim getting a chance to bounce back.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I love Berny but he lets in goals at the absolute worst time. It seems like anytime in the 3rd period were trailing or tied he lets in a goal with like 5 minutes left. His record shows how inconsisent he's been.

Looking forward to seeing Reimer back

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
I love Berny but he lets in goals at the absolute worst time. It seems like anytime in the 3rd period were trailing or tied he lets in a goal with like 5 minutes left. His record shows how inconsisent he's been.

Looking forward to seeing Reimer back

Don't see how anyone can blame him for letting in a Crosby goal when he's wide open. Would you like to see him make that save? absolutely, but you can't fault any goalie for that type of goal, especially with the best player in the world.

Bernier actually played great last night, both goals weren't his fault.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Eh, I am more confident in Bernier ATM, was good against Hawks, and great last night (only 2 GA allowed, 1 was Crosby wide open in the slot, no chance)

However, Reimer deserves this start, it's a back to back, and would be stupid to play Bernier both nights when we have a goalie who is almost as good as Bernier sitting on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad