Post-Game Talk: Game #36: Canucks lose 3-2 to the Wild in the shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Thought Kassian was skating well and played well along the boards.

Tanev looks like the real deal.

Sad to see Stanton to go down on such a dirty play. Hopefully he's back for next game, but I think it could be the dreaded high ankle sprain.

Watching todays game didn't make me miss Ballard a bit, in fact in reinforced all the reasons we bought him out. He's scrambly, mistake prone, and constantly wants to lug the puck out of his own zone despite his inability to do so.

Pseudonymous*

Does he even have any?

not that i know of, thats the thing! lol he would just go with the flow and be unpredictable! haha but i can assure you the goalie wont know and i do think he is more likely to deke or raise it..

i am confident i know what booth would do, so that makes me think the goalie would know

Defeatist*

Games like today are reasons why Josh Harding should be canada's starting goalie. Clutch!

Pseudonymous*

Santo, Dalpe and Hansen for me.

i wanted to add him as my 4th but i haven't personally seen him go against the goalie , 1 on 1 before

but i still like the idea more than most of the canucks, especially the sedins or kesler

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Maybe im over analyzing a line that was a non factor but i like the 4th line so much more without tommy sestito, i prefer it with welsh.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I would've gone with Kassian, Santorelli, Hansen. Need to try new players because the old ones certainly aren't working.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
i wanted to add him as my 4th but i haven't personally seen him go against the goalie , 1 on 1 before

but i still like the idea more than most of the canucks, especially the sedins or kesler

I haven't seen him 1 on 1 before either, which is why I'd pick him...because I've seen most of the other guys 1 on 1. :laugh:

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
not that i know of, thats the thing! lol he would just go with the flow and be unpredictable! haha but i can assure you the goalie wont know and i do think he is more likely to deke or raise it..

i am confident i know what booth would do, so that makes me think the goalie would know

Yeah, I guess. But I would use other players before I'll use weise though... perhaps Bieksa? He's kind of unpredictable, maybe he'll work?

Castle1*

Okay, let's use proven stars Daniel and Henrik next time. I bet they'll score.

They are the opposite as Kassian. Kassian has not proven anything. Sedins have proven not to use them in the shootout. So many *****es on here.

Edit: sorry lupul and cammy dont play here.

Michael Dal Swolle

Dec 15, 2013
Phoenix lost tonight which is good for the wildcard race, but I think we pass at least one of San Jose/LA for a division playoff spot.

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
They are the opposite as Kassian. Kassian has not proven anything. Sedins have proven not to use them in the shootout. So many *****es on here.

I get what you're saying, but the shootout is a crapshoot for the Canucks anyways. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try some new guys.

John McClane

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary, AB
Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer 4m
Torts: "We suck in the shootout. We do. We have to try different people, I guess, because we stink at it.” #Canucks

Castle1*

I get what you're saying, but the shootout is a crapshoot for the Canucks anyways. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try some new guys.

I actually agree with you. A couple idiot posts got my back up. Trying newer guys can't make it any worse.

Pseudonymous*

Torts: "We suck in the shootout. We do. We have to try different people, I guess, because we stink at it.†#Canucks

lol he really said that? about time... i knew it'd take time for him to realize himself.. we had to suffer through a new coach realizing how bad they suck

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Next practice make every damn guy shoot 3 times in the shoot out. Whichever have the 3 highest percentages go next time. At least then you can say they 'earned' it, if that's what it's about.

SnapIt

Feb 19, 2013
Torts: "We suck in the shootout. We do. We have to try different people, I guess, because we stink at it.†#Canucks

Torts just keeps saying and doing things I like! :handclap:

Now I'm happy, even though we lost.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Next practice make every damn guy shoot 3 times in the shoot out. Whichever have the 3 highest percentages go next time. At least then you can say they 'earned' it, if that's what it's about.

You gotta think that over the years either AV/Torts have at least looked at these guys in shotoouts in practice or after practice(some teams do that for fun) man times. They're obviously just not that good.

That being said, outside of Santo, they need to give some others a shot. Hansen, Dalpe, Kassian, Richardson, etc even if they're not outscoring Kesler/Higgins in practice you gotta try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad