GDT: Game #36 | Anaheim Ducks @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Another nice save by Mrazek. Hopefully he's the back-up next year and sees 30ish games. He's still 4-5 years away from maybe becoming elite but it's there and has to start getting regular coaching from Bedard

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
He gives up a questionable goal on, what? His second shot against? And at the end of the 1st no less. And all he's done since then is battle back. Its great to see.

Yeah, the kid has a ton of fight. I like that in him.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
We've never really seen what Ken Holland would do if his team were ever hopelessly out of playoff contention the way they'd probably be trending if they were still in the West.

Will he sell off the dead weight? Will he cling to the misguided notion that the team can climb back and pick up even more Clearys and Quinceys?

If they were in the West they'd be close to the bottom and the pace might pick up on the rebuild. Since they're in the East and even a terrible team can make the playoffs in the East, will that cause them to hang onto/bring back the useless players that are killing this team?

I don't think he'd be doing anything right now besides sit back and look at the health of his club and call it like it is. You don't make panic/reactionary moves because you're hit hard with injuries. So you sit back, hope to tread water, and appreciate the fact that you are indeed in the East. But even if they're in the West it's not like they're going to blow it up. To be honest there's not that many moves to be made...

He made his own mistakes back at the end of the Summer when he let Cleary come back and the Summer previous by signing Sammy to that deal. The good news is that those deals aren't long term. The bad news is the team would obviously be better without both of them.

Either way it's still the first half of the season and the likelyhood that your team is going to stay this injured is slim.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Wish Holland would strap on some nuts and trade a package involving some of our 50 forwards for a capable defenseman.

Our prob isn't injuries, its Lashoff, Kindl, Smith, and Kyle fing Quincey

I actually think Lashoff has been fine for a 6/7 defenseman. And Smith in his ~50 NHL games still deserves more time.

I'd be fine with Lashoff-Smith as our bottom pairing if we actually had a decent top 4. Unfortunately, we only have a decent top 2.

Imagine:

Suter - Ericsson
Kronwall - DeKeyser
Lashoff - Smith.

Not bad at all.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
at least mrazek is real solid. i give him the benefit of the doubt on the first goal coming in cold late in the 1st. 2nd one was deflected.

tatar playing like total doodoo tonight

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Kronwall is the only one that can handle the puck at all. Smith might be a good skater but he has no hands at the NHL level, and Kindl has lost any progress he made last season.

Smith's actually got pretty goods hands imo...especially for a defenseman. just not an accurate passer.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Our D is really racking up the minutes with Kyle Bonehead out.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
really just wish our defensemen could hit the net when they shoot...never seen a worse group of defensemen at getting pucks through traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad