Post-Game Talk: Game #35: The Flu slays the noble Bruin warriors. Oh yeah, Nucks scored 6-2 too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
hmmm thanks for this post, it was actually quite an eye-opener for me. like most Canadians, I was mainly familiar with PJ Stock from his diaper commercials, figure skating reality show-judging, and participation in a government program that allows people with serious learning disabilities to receive training in broadcasting.

:laugh: np

Good to see PJ overcome so much adversity and become a true success story. That little guy inspires me all the time to say stupid things, and just roll with it. Really tugs at the heart strings :cry: Maybe if I get better at the face punching, I too can live the dream and share my stupidity live on Canadian television.

andy-fingers-crossed-o.gif

For real though, I kinda like PJ :laugh: Would anybody not pay to see PJ roll Glen? They should have a weekly ppv. I'd totally buy it.

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Santorelli continues to amaze me night after night. He's like our little Zetterberg. His determination on the Higgins goal was absolutely beautiful to watch.

I've seen one poster compare him to Patrick Sharp, and now we're getting a Zetterberg comparison.

He is good, though.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Personally I like to think of Santorelli as like a poor man's Gretzky slash Lemieux slash Crosby with a little bit of Patty Kane sprinkled in topped with a hefty dollop of a demons-free Theo Fleury.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Personally I like to think of Santorelli as like a poor man's Gretzky slash Lemieux slash Crosby with a little bit of Patty Kane sprinkled in topped with a hefty dollop of a demons-free Theo Fleury.

You made a small mistake. Gretzky/Lemieux/Crosby/Kane combined is a poor man's Santorelli.

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
Does anyone else hate Santorelli's helmet? Or is that a stupid detail to get upset about.

Actually I don't care if it's stupid, I hate it.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I've seen one poster compare him to Patrick Sharp, and now we're getting a Zetterberg comparison.

He is good, though.

I tried to add a degree of perspective by describing him as "our little Zetterberg" but I think the Gretzky/Lemieux/Fleury comparison is probably more on the button. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I'm not saying Santorelli = Zetterberg. He's being successful for the same reasons players like Zetterberg excel. He's a tireless worker, a gifted skater, he possesses the puck well and has good finish around the net without being a one trick pony in terms of needing to score a particular way.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
:laugh: no you wouldn't.

I think Stephen Peat and a bunch of other pro athletes would disagree with you. PJ would most definitely laugh at you. :laugh:

So I'd probably get my ass kicked and would need him restrained but my point still stands that he needs a slap and it was more to express my sentiment that he doesn't drive me crazy like the other dbag

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I tried to add a degree of perspective by describing him as "our little Zetterberg" but I think the Gretzky/Lemieux/Fleury comparison is probably more on the button. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I'm not saying Santorelli = Zetterberg. He's being successful for the same reasons players like Zetterberg excel. He's a tireless worker, a gifted skater, he possesses the puck well and has good finish around the net without being a one trick pony in terms of needing to score a particular way.

The explanation does help and I would agree. Santorelli and Z do possess the same work ethic and traits. Z has a better beard though so I mean that's why he's a better player.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Visions of this team taking a wildcard spot and sneaking up on a top seed who has coasted into the playoffs...

Canucks are only 4 pts away from leading the division (Anaheim with a game in hand), and we're coming up to a stretch where there's a lot of in conference play against teams ahead of the Canucks. If the Canucks can continue with a winning record over that stretch, winning the division isn't out of the question.

My dream:
Canucks win President's trophy against this 'strongest division in the league', then beat LA round 1, San Jose round 2, Chicago round 3 and beat Boston in the Cup final. :yo:

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Canucks are only 4 pts away from leading the division (Anaheim with a game in hand), and we're coming up to a stretch where there's a lot of in conference play against teams ahead of the Canucks. If the Canucks can continue with a winning record over that stretch, winning the division isn't out of the question.

My dream:
Canucks win President's trophy against this 'strongest division in the league', then beat LA round 1, San Jose round 2, Chicago round 3 and beat Boston in the Cup final. :yo:

That would be amazing but I'm not even going to think about it.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Tanev is just immense. Can handle even more minutes than he's been getting. Never puts a foot wrong.

Man, Immense is the right word. Potential is sky high with this kid. Right now our best defenseman, and can think the game at a pace that can really be described as elite. Sky's the limit - he turns 24 on Friday.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
He's a rich mans Tommy Santala.

Come one guys, all these comparisons are so far off base. Everyone knows the only accurate comparison is Newsy Lalonde in the 1910-11 season. Don't even think about getting his 1910-11 season mixed up with with his 1911-12 season, because that's just silly.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
That was a really fun game to watch, I know that it doesn't take away the heartbreak of losing in the final but its great to see this team winning games against great teams and creeping back into the playoff picture.

Edit:
Welcome to the boards

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary

With all that slashing in there it sounds like he has some Jason Voorhees in him too :D

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
BbfwxaPCEAElsbN.jpg_large.jpg

Yikes. Check out the '5-hole' on that finger gap. Not sure what the title should read for this. The Boston Shocker? Ig.E. phone home? Live long and Prosper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad