Post-Game Talk: Game #35: The Flu slays the noble Bruin warriors. Oh yeah, Nucks scored 6-2 too

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
has anyone confirmed if this was the 'roxy flu' for the bruins?

Legitimate flu has been running through their locker room lately. Rask was quite obviously not playing at his best, though Smith apparently wasn't healthy enough to practice in the morning but looked great last night.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Anyone notice Friedman burn Healy again on HNIC last night? I guess Hrudey filled in for Healy during the Toronto game, and Stock was going on about how he missed Healy and how "he brings so much to the broadcast".

Then Friedman says, quite clearly - "Said no one ever."

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Lots of comments about Kelser 'discussing' class in his post game interview.
I remember him simply saying he didn't want to comment on that (Marchand's actions). Anyone else remember it that way?

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Anyone notice Friedman burn Healy again on HNIC last night? I guess Hrudey filled in for Healy during the Toronto game, and Stock was going on about how he missed Healy and how "he brings so much to the broadcast".

Then Friedman says, quite clearly - "Said no one ever."

Honestly, I'd love nothing more than be locked in a room with Stock and Healy, not true... there are many things I'd love more but you get my point.

Stock I'd probably just slap around for awhile but Healy... I'd like to break that mans face. Its laughable that CBC still has these clowns working for them, between those two and losing the song, HNIC has taken a hard nose dive in my eyes.

vanboy99

Aug 22, 2008
Team is playing better without Edler in the lineup. He's the one who should be traded.

you don't trade the one guy in the backend who can change a series on his own in the backend (offense, defensive, big hit). he can dog it all season if he can step it up and be a game changer in an important series....

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
you don't trade the one guy in the backend who can change a series on his own in the backend (offense, defensive, big hit). he can dog it all season if he can step it up and be a game changer in an important series....

he sure changed the last 2 series against LA, and SJ, don't even get me started.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Lots of comments about Kelser 'discussing' class in his post game interview.
I remember him simply saying he didn't want to comment on that (Marchand's actions). Anyone else remember it that way?

IIRC, he said Marchand "had no class. You win with class, you lose with class", and that was all he wanted to say about it.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

He is way too inconsistent and he's kind of a bonehead. I'll take Tanev over him any day of the week. Plus, I think his back is finished.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Legitimate flu has been running through their locker room lately. Rask was quite obviously not playing at his best, though Smith apparently wasn't healthy enough to practice in the morning but looked great last night.

but no excuses, right?

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
This has probably already been mentioned but CBC is ridiculous. They pump the whole 2011 finals thing all night long and when the Canucks stomp the Bruins they show some random women soccer highlights at the end of the game? Wut..? If it had been the other way around, they would have been getting their jollies out and replaying every Bruin goal. :shakehead

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

With comments like this, and the earlier comment by someone about Edler being the most complete defenceman on the team, I think people are watching a different team than I do. Edler hasn't been a significant difference maker in the playoffs since his injury, while Hamhuis and Bieksa have both been the real drivers to any success the team has had in the playoffs.

Edler is good, but in the playoffs, I actually rank the stronger defensive players above him (Bieksa when on, Hamhuis, Garrison and Tanev).

Also, I think Bieksa and Hamhuis are pretty clearly more complete players. Edler is the most elite offensive defenceman on the team, but he's not the best or most complete.

I think the suggestion of playing him 18-22 minutes is the right one. Let the other defencemen carry the heavy defensive minutes, and help Edler drive the offensive engine.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
With comments like this, and the earlier comment by someone about Edler being the most complete defenceman on the team, I think people are watching a different team than I do. Edler hasn't been a significant difference maker in the playoffs since his injury, while Hamhuis and Bieksa have both been the real drivers to any success the team has had in the playoffs.

Edler is good, but in the playoffs, I actually rank the stronger defensive players above him (Bieksa when on, Hamhuis, Garrison and Tanev).

Also, I think Bieksa and Hamhuis are pretty clearly more complete players. Edler is the most elite offensive defenceman on the team, but he's not the best or most complete.

I think the suggestion of playing him 18-22 minutes is the right one. Let the other defencemen carry the heavy defensive minutes, and help Edler drive the offensive engine.

Nailed it! :handclap:

then the question becomes, if Bieksa/Hamhuis/Garrison/Tanev all play a bigger role, then what are we paying Edler 5 million for ?

the assets he can net us would outweigh his contributions to the team.

And we still have quite a good young dman in Corrado who played pretty good in the playoffs.

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
Honestly, I'd love nothing more than be locked in a room with Stock and Healy, not true... there are many things I'd love more but you get my point.

Stock I'd probably just slap around for awhile but Healy... I'd like to break that mans face. Its laughable that CBC still has these clowns working for them, between those two and losing the song, HNIC has taken a hard nose dive in my eyes.

:laugh: no you wouldn't.

I think Stephen Peat and a bunch of other pro athletes would disagree with you. PJ would most definitely laugh at you. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Nailed it! :handclap:

then the question becomes, if Bieksa/Hamhuis/Garrison/Tanev all play a bigger role, then what are we paying Edler 5 million for ?

the assets he can net us would outweigh his contributions to the team.

And we still have quite a good young dman in Corrado who played pretty good in the playoffs.

Well...if the team gets past this year, is paying him $5M costing the team elsewhere? Edler is a damn good offensive defenceman and worth his salary in that regard. The team can easily afford to resign Tanev and Santorelli (the only important pieces who aren't locked up) and keep Edler. Corrado can stay in the AHL and be brought up whenever there's injuries next year - he's not an issue until the year after, and it probably will mean Corrado's 2nd contract is lower than it would be if he was playing in the NHL full-time.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER

I think Stephen Peat and a bunch of other pro athletes would disagree with you. PJ would most definitely laugh at you, just like everyone else :laugh:

hmmm thanks for this post, it was actually quite an eye-opener for me. like most Canadians, I was mainly familiar with PJ Stock from his diaper commercials, figure skating reality show-judging, and participation in a government program that allows people with serious learning disabilities to receive training in broadcasting.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
hmmm thanks for this post, it was actually quite an eye-opener for me. like most Canadians, I was mainly familiar with PJ Stock from his diaper commercials, figure skating reality show-judging, and participation in a government program that allows people with serious learning disabilities to receive training in broadcasting.

:laugh: Yeah really.

But seriously, nothing the CBC does comes as any surprise to me anymore. I was expecting the opening montage to be five minutes of riot coverage or a replay of every goal in game 7 in 2011.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas

I think Stephen Peat and a bunch of other pro athletes would disagree with you. PJ would most definitely laugh at you. :laugh:

when I see a tilt like this with a buncha punches landed, I can't help but think of concussion and long-term injury symptoms. it's like every landed punch takes a year of quality life from the player...

1 year, 2 year, 3,4,5,6,7 years, oh my what a tilt...8 years, 9,10,11

but fighting is awesome!

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Visions of this team taking a wildcard spot and sneaking up on a top seed who has coasted into the playoffs...

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
God, Marchand is a ******. Winking and kissing his ring before the game even started. The final score was extremely satisfying. I know that it doesn't do much to alleviate the bad feelings from 2011 but it sure beats losing to Bruins 6-2!

The Booth goal was the key to the night. He's been making stuff happen more consistently of late. If he keeps this going we could be alright. The Kassian-Richardson-Booth line is growing on me.

Santorelli continues to amaze me night after night. He's like our little Zetterberg. His determination on the Higgins goal was absolutely beautiful to watch.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
when I see a tilt like this with a buncha punches landed, I can't help but think of concussion and long-term injury symptoms. it's like every landed punch takes a year of quality life from the player...

1 year, 2 year, 3,4,5,6,7 years, oh my what a tilt...8 years, 9,10,11

but fighting is awesome!

So don't fight then, Sedins don't fight because they don't want to. I'm sure Stock would have loved to have no fighting in the NHL so he could never make the NHL, be disappointed, and go on to have some lower paying job. I mean if you think about it, banning fighting would be in the best interest of players like Stock :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad