Post-Game Talk: GAME #35: Canucks 5 vs. Flyers 1 | To hockey fans in Eastern Pennsylvania: You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
this is so sour and lame for a guy that wants to provide post game break downs and analysis

Had a great game and has 13 ****ing pts yet here is MS and his diatribe about a decent depth utility guy being junk and an AHLer.

Yes he's not good when he plays too high in the lineup, but he's absolutely been a decent NHLer for the games where he isn't playing too many minutes and higher roles.....[MOD]

Small.

Slow.

Soft.

Lazy.

16 ES points/82 GP over the past two seasons, which is absolutely horrendous (even moreso since like 40% of his ES points have been on empty nets).

Bleeds goals defensively.

Worst PK stats in the NHL (and near the bottom in 17-18 as well).

Awful on the PP.

Can’t win faceoffs.

What about this player makes him not an AHLer? Other than the fact a bad organization who is bad at evaluating talent keeps him on their roster.

And 13 points in 32 games sucks for a guy playing 17 minutes/game. This is not a point in his favour.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
He’s just not as fluent yet and seemed he was more so struggling to find the proper words to describe what he really means to say.

I thought he got a lot better as the interview went on. You could tell he had a lot more things to say but was limited by his vocabulary so he kept it simple. He should be a great entertaining interview in a few years when he gets used to the language.

Reactions: Canucks LB

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
this is so sour and lame for a guy that wants to provide post game break downs and analysis

Had a great game and has 13 ****ing pts yet here is MS and his diatribe about a decent depth utility guy being junk and an AHLer.

Yes he's not good when he plays too high in the lineup, but he's absolutely been a decent NHLer for the games where he isn't playing too many minutes and higher roles.....[MOD]

He’s so easily replaceable it’s hilarious. Motte is better.

Reactions: geebaan

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
He will be working in McDonald after his ELC if he can’t score tonight

Seriously WHY is the organization so hell bent at not being able to admit Gaudette is a bust. He wasn’t an early pick, and it’s clearly not working out. 1 goal in 31 NHL games. End the experiment. It’s over. He’s not an NHL player. He was a 5th round pick... it’s ok to admit he didn’t work out vs keep forcing it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Seriously WHY is the organization so hell bent at not being able to admit Gaudette is a bust. He wasn’t an early pick, and it’s clearly not working out. 1 goal in 31 NHL games. End the experiment. It’s over. He’s not an NHL player. He was a 5th round pick... it’s ok to admit he didn’t work out vs keep forcing it.

Gaudette is far down my list of players to pull the plug on. I’d probably rather him be in the AHL getting top minutes.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Maybe contradict something he said instead of tossing around childish insults? Why do you like Granlund as a player? What does he do well?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

This opinion is bad.

He’s carrying his weight defensively as a rookie, skates and competes hard, and looks to be a very solid bet to be a good 3rd liner for this team.

He’s not going to be what his college numbers might have caused some people to expect, but he’s going to be a useful mid-roster two-way NHL player.

And again, was probably our best player tonight.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I feel like this is going to be an almost every game occurrence. He's never going to dazzle you with skills, but he's going to produce and score goals.

But he did dazzle a lot last year, that's the main reason it keeps being brought up

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
This opinion is bad.

He’s carrying his weight defensively as a rookie, skates and competes hard, and looks to be a very solid bet to be a good 3rd liner for this team.

He’s not going to be what his college numbers might have caused some people to expect, but he’s going to be a useful mid-roster two-way NHL player.

Yep. Out of the players I want to ship out, Gaudette isn't one near the top of the list. Granlund, Pouliot, Gudbrandson, Schaller, Del Zotto, Eriksson.... etc. etc.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Horvat had 1 goal in his first 22 games and 2 in his first 29 and looked a lot like Gaudette in the first half of his rookie year. Gaudette does a lot of things right and you can see the hockey sense and ability is there to become a good NHLer. Maybe he ends up like Gaunce and never finds the scoring touch needed to stick, but it's way too early to write him off

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
This opinion is bad.

I'm reasonably sure the comment was a bad joke/trolling/sarcasm, since Gaudette was more noticable than usual tonight.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Horvat had 1 goal in his first 22 games and 2 in his first 29 and looked a lot like Gaudette in the first half of his rookie year. Gaudette does a lot of things right and you can see the hockey sense and ability is there to become a good NHLer. Maybe he ends up like Gaunce and never finds the scoring touch needed to stick, but it's way too early to write him off

I partly agree, but Horvat was 19 while Gaudette is 22. That's a big difference.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Gaudette is far down my list of players to pull the plug on. I’d probably rather him be in the AHL getting top minutes.

Gaudette isn’t showing the high end offensive upside that I’d hoped for, but he’s shown enough facets to his game to this stage to make me pretty damn confident he is going to have an NHL career. Whether it’s as a two-way Center, a defensive forward, or a tweener remains to be seen - but he’s a hard working player with a good hockey IQ. To call him a bust already is a hysterically wrong take - which makes it fall pretty much perfectly in line with everything else JC says.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I kind of see Gaudette as a Richardson type player
At his peak a good 3rd line player, then for most of his career a bottom 6 pest type forward that can play center.

Reactions: timw33 and MS

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell

Weird time for this comment considering he just played the best game in his career.

There might be a time where it’s appropriate to write him off, not yet though.

member 290103

I wish you’d take your own advice with your trolling.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Of course goal scoring ability doesn’t matter in the NHL hence the penchants for guys like Gaudette and Gaunce

Outside of a blip during a 30+ game stretch with the Sedins with top unit PP time, he has shown little goalscoring ability at all.

And, again, we’ve had two seasons since that blip and he’s been one of the worst offensive players in the NHL.

Reactions: Askel

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I partly agree, but Horvat was 19 while Gaudette is 22. That's a big difference.

For sure, but I don't think too many are projecting Gaudette to be at that level. I think all the signs are there though just not the production. But it looks like it should come

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gaudette is making things tough for the Canucks....he's a strong two-way center who's just snake-bitten right now now in front of the net. But sooner or later he's going to start filling the net. You don't get the kind of quality chances he gets game after game without working hard for them.

And Green is trusting him in more and more tight situations. Based on his recent play he won't be seeing Utica again. But once Sutter and possibly Baertschi are back, who comes out? Do the Canucks make a trade?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I kind of see Gaudette as a Richardson type player
At his peak a good 3rd line player, then for most of his career a bottom 6 pest type forward that can play center.

I like that comp. I was trying to think of one myself. He looks like he should be the type of guy who isn't a core guy, but who is more than just a replacement level bottom 6 forward though.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
per r****t: Troy Stecher has matched last season's scoring output - to the number - in exactly half the games

a6dde95603e92c11659c4d1c225b9692.png

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Of course goal scoring ability doesn’t matter in the NHL hence the penchants for guys like Gaudette and Gaunce
This is embarrassing even for you. Do you seriously think Granlund is better than Gaudette over the long term? Im sorry Granlund is crap he has 12 goals against a goalie in his last 88 games. This while providing no physicality, Bad PK and bad defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad