Post-Game Talk: GAME #35: Canucks 5 vs. Flyers 1 | To hockey fans in Eastern Pennsylvania: You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Gaudette isn’t showing the high end offensive upside that I’d hoped for, but he’s shown enough facets to his game to this stage to make me pretty damn confident he is going to have an NHL career. Whether it’s as a two-way Center, a defensive forward, or a tweener remains to be seen - but he’s a hard working player with a good hockey IQ. To call him a bust already is a hysterically wrong take - which makes it fall pretty much perfectly in line with everything else JC says.

Agreed he works hard every shift and other than not scoring a few goals he's playing well and he is just getting his first taste of NHL level hockey give this kid more time I think he will end up a solid piece going forward wherever he lands a role .

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
48391601b078369627fdc1af2d24e89e.png

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Absurd to use Gaudette as an example of a failed player.

Give him 100 games and I think we will see a solid 40pt 3rd line C.

You're reacting to the Master of Absurd Takes. He just couldn't rail on Boeser after this game, so he went after another questionable target.

Still, those of us penciling in Gaudette as a possible 2nd line center may end up disappointed... unless the penny suddenly drops and he discovers his scoring touch... but, think we're seeing the makings of a very serviceable 3rd line contributor.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
This recent stretch of crazy puck luck continues. I think they had 12 shots when they scored their 4th goal. Flyers goaltending was terrible. They're not going to keep winning playing like this. You can go all the way back to that St. Louis game where the pucks just started bouncing in left and right.

Pettersson looked too much like Leipsic in that one. Forcing stuff, trying to do too much and skating into traffic. One of his worst games. Boeser's puck management is still poor. Top 6 group overall was lackluster. But the bottom 6 had a good game. Defense was mostly good too, aside from Pouliot who is just terrible.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Absurd to use Gaudette as an example of a failed player.

Give him 100 games and I think we will see a solid 40pt 3rd line C.

Exactly. Gaudette keeps looking better and better and it seems like the Canucks are set at center now. EP, Horvat, Gaudette down the middle for the longterm future looks strong to me

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
You're reacting to the Master of Absurd Takes. He just couldn't rail on Boeser after this game, so he went after another questionable target.

Still, those of us penciling in Gaudette as a possible 2nd line center may end up disappointed... unless the penny suddenly drops and he discovers his scoring touch... but, think we're seeing the makings of a very serviceable 3rd line contributor.
I don't even know why posters even respond to Johnny Canucker. He has either no idea what he's talking about when it comes to player evaluation or he's constantly in (poor) troll mode.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Outside of a blip during a 30+ game stretch with the Sedins with top unit PP time, he has shown little goalscoring ability at all.

And, again, we’ve had two seasons since that blip and he’s been one of the worst offensive players in the NHL.
Not as bad as Gaunce, right? He is a complimentary depth piece that is paid as such. You could argue he is overplayed which on the pk and pp i would agree with.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Seriously WHY is the organization so hell bent at not being able to admit Gaudette is a bust. He wasn’t an early pick, and it’s clearly not working out. 1 goal in 31 NHL games. End the experiment. It’s over. He’s not an NHL player. He was a 5th round pick... it’s ok to admit he didn’t work out vs keep forcing it.
You cement your reputation for keen insight with every post. It must be difficult after Brock's recent surge, to find a player that you can target with your unique lack of understanding.

However, we were all new to the game at one point and slowly but surely, by watching and listening, we learned.

So don't give up yet. Perhaps understanding hockey is just around the next corner and you will be posting opinions that actually have merit.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Not as bad as Gaunce, right? He is a complimentary depth piece that is paid as such. You could argue he is overplayed which on the pk and pp i would agree with.

He's worse than Gaunce and just like Gaunce should be in the ahl. I don't care how good he is at giving compliments but it must be otherworldly to keep him on the roster.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Flyers fans hate for hakstol is really something to behold. I'm reminded of an old saying that fans can't tell the difference between coaching and goaltending. Their goalies simply couldn't make a save last night. Leivo goal was a deflection at a crazy angle but the other goals were pretty pathetic. Poor hakstol.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Great game... made the Christmas parties muuuuch better last night...

Granlund puts the game away and all is great. Canucks win.

Come in here and it turns out Granlund scoring and putting the game away is actually a trigger for people to restate why they hate him.

Wonder if the same phenomena happened after Eirikson scored...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->