Pre-Game Talk: Game 35 4/5 7:07 PM - THE BEAR welcomes gritty Philly to Boston - NESN, NHLN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Flyers will be desperate. They'll see the Bruins both as a team they need to regain some pride over, and the only one in the division they have a hope of catching. These upcoming contests will be 4-point games. If the Bs can win at least 2 of them then that really should leave only the Rangers as any threat at all to their playoff spot. Hart's been our bunny in a season when most goalies have been confounding Boston - let's keep that up.

Great to see DeBrusk has cleared Covid protocols. Doubt he comes straight back into the team, but hope to see him back on the ice soon. If he can stay fit and finally find some good form, that'd be a massive plus for us.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
These games are huge for several reasons

You have the chance to put Philly in the rearview mirror and maybe inch closer to Washington BUT

It also allows Philly a chance to avenge the previous 5 losses

A week from today the Bruins could be safely in a playoff slot or fighting for one which will impact trade deadline deals.

upload_2021-4-5_4-44-32.png

upload_2021-4-5_4-40-48.png

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Well sure we are in the drivers seat but this team looks like a accident waiting to happen
Sabres are playing better though, you do have a point. They will get the Caps soon enough.

Probably in the first round, then they play them 6 or 7 times. Any team getting out of this division has to beat them.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Vladar is the wildcard tonight . If he plays , I think he will play well and get the win . I’m not optimistic though . Whenever I feel this team is about to gain some traction and breakthrough this year , they lose but the Flyers are a mess right now .

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Zero doubt the Bruins come away w four points these two games. Flyers are awful. Bury them
I am a little bit concerned with the flyers offensive talent and the Bruins defense which has been pretty porous on occasion. Hope Ritchie does not do any cross ice passes on the powerplay and give the Flyers a chance for a shorthaned goal.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
These games are huge for several reasons

You have the chance to put Philly in the rearview mirror and maybe inch closer to Washington BUT

It also allows Philly a chance to avenge the previous 5 losses

A week from today the Bruins could be safely in a playoff slot or fighting for one which will impact trade deadline deals.

I never thought of it this way, but the scheduling of Buffalo at the end is quite helpful with respect to the trade deadline. If the PHI/BUF games were flipped so we play BUF now and PHI at the end, we’d have to trade with less knowledge about our playoff prospects.

Granted, no games are easy, and I don’t think we’ll sweep BUF in the 8 game series. But it’s a lot easier to plan your strategy the more mid-level teams you play early, and it’s better not to,have to fight those same teams at the end of the season.

Is DeBrusk in? Thought I read he was off the COVID list yesterday. Although he’s in contention for the Reverse Seventh Player Award so far (player who doesn’t perform up to expectations), If he actually had COVID with some symptoms, he could need some time back. Hell, just being away from the team and the rink would require a little conditioning.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Add leaking Bruins goaltending to the mix. We could easily loose all 3 games vs the Flyers. Offense better have woken up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad