Post-Game Talk: Game 34 - THE BEAR escapes the Everglades - BRUINS 4 Sunrise 2 F

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I really liked the DeBrusk - Krejci - Coyle line tonight.

2 points for JDB. 2 points for DK46. Coyle had no points but he attempted 4 shots and was a big part of that line getting long, sustained Ozone time.

Ya, I just want that set as the second line and leave it alone. Give them some time as that has all the makings for a really well balanced line.

If Bjork keeps improving every game, and I had a lot of doubts about him and didn't really buy into him being an impact player, then that's a big help on the third line also. Even before their losing streak I thought they were probably trying to hunt down a top 6 winger or 3rd line centre but unless injuries really pile up or things go off the rails, I just want this roster left as is.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think this is the best lineup we have right now. Ritchie and Lindholm are pretty vanilla, they can sit. Coyle gets on the 2nd line and things happen, who knew, lol. Rotate in Cliffy on and off and see were this takes us. Give Backes a rest every 3 or 4 games, play Lindholm in his spot and send Ritchie to the AHL. Lindholm was just insurance I think, extra body.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Coyle
Bjork - Kuraly - Heinen
Nordstrom - Wagner - Backes

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Moore - Grzelcyk​

I agree. Backes easily over Ritchie for me. Backes at his best was one of the top players in the game, and while of course he's nowhere near that now, you just can't teach class and you never completely lose it. Even at 35 Backes brings smarts and skills to the team that an always average player like Ritchie can never dream of.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Missed the game...how did Backes play? Played the least out of any player.

If he's not playing pk or pp, he's pretty much just there on the 4th line.

This would drive Cassidy crazy.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just finished watching Bruins in 2. Still don't like Coyle on the wing although that line played very well- I would put Bjork there instead, I think he'd be more productive there. Like Backes over Ritchie 6 days a week and twice on Sundays. Far, far better effort than the previous 5 games for sure.

Next!

Me either.

He's at his best when he's always moving his feet, which I find he does more when he's in the middle.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
FWIW Acciari scored twice vs Sens tonight (so far) giving him 7, already beating last years total with Boston. I never thought he was worth keeping either, but the 4th line hasn't been the same since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad