Post-Game Talk: Game 34 - THE BEAR escapes the Everglades - BRUINS 4 Sunrise 2 F

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Yup. It just makes too much sense. Then move Arizona somewhere.

It is ridiculously stupid to have two hockey teams in Florida.
Gotta feel for the players there a bit. That’s a good hockey team that could be great in a few years and no one will see it.

If Fenway’s stat is true about their tv market that’s ridiculous. If Cheers reruns are being viewed in more households than the local club get the team the hell outta there

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Gotta feel for the players there a bit. That’s a good hockey team that could be great in a few years and no one will see it.

If Fenway’s stat is true about their tv market that’s ridiculous. If Cheers reruns are being viewed in more households than the local club get the team the hell outta there
But in the NHL some players don't wanna go where everybody knows their name :sarcasm:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Almost home

upload_2019-12-15_1-36-31.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The Nielsen rating system has flaws but it is the metric the industry is stuck with. The Panthers actually have move viewers in Palm Beach County than Broward/Dade.

South Florida is an AWFUL sports market. The Panthers are on Entercom's WQAM which is also the flagship of the Dolphins on 560 AM

Look at the ratings and cume

upload_2019-12-15_2-11-27.png

The Heat are on WAXY and the Marlins on WINZ

upload_2019-12-15_2-16-17.png

ALL the Miami teams are on AM stations which nobody under the age of 35 even know exist.

My concern is if people don't watch the games for free at home they are not going to drive to Sunrise and pay.

Reactions: BMC and lopey

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hey a win :D A few heart-in-mouth moments and reminders of bad memories in the 3rd, but a solid victory all-round in the end and a good 60-minute effort. Top line dominated, the 2nd banked 2 much needed goals, and, while I’m not sure that the bottom 6 they dressed really works, they battled hard, and it may be worth running with this setup for a bit. Kuraly vs Acciari was a fun little contest that rumbled on all night. The Bruins could have had more goals but Bobrovsky pulled off a few robberies. Halak was excellent too apart from that one that he just clean missed. His look of utter bewilderment afterwards was quite amusing though.

Nice to see Pasta with a multi-goal, energetic game, but he has to be the worst penalty shot-taker I’ve ever seen, at least for a forward. Never looks remotely close to scoring one.

Bjork spent the whole game looking like someone had stolen his lunch, while still playing well. Not sure if he’s maybe getting frustrated at playing hard but not getting much reward for it, or perhaps at the instability on his line. Both understandable, but he just needs to keep working and bringing his great energy every night and hopefully the points will start to come more frequently soon.

McAvoy and Krug looked committed and focused tonight and had really good games, especially Chucky. Bergy’s looking good too, seems to be moving freely and he isn’t afraid to get right into the play and use his body. Hopefully the break has really helped settle his groin issues down.

I feel like the team has turned a bit of a corner since Washington. But there’s not much point beating a decent team like Florida if they then go home and lose on Tuesday to the lowly Kings. So keep rolling boys, built on your momentum.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Imagine telling someone, just a few years ago, that this would be a real, honest post.

Thank god for parity

The NHL has evolved since the 'merger' with the WHA when in 1990 16 teams advanced to the playoffs out of 21 - and now it is 16 out of 31.

Washington appears to be the elite squad in the 2020 season but not by much. The flip side is Detroit could be the worst team in the league but can win on any given night.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I think some fans just expect too much from McAvoy, but I'm not one of them

He's not quite 22 years old and is starting to round into form. He is such a strong skater, good passer and likes to hit. His points will start to come if he keeps playing like he has the last 3 or 4 games

Charlie just needs to work on his shot and he'll be fine

I love Charlie and think he's gonna be a very special player down the road
This TOTALLY.
And Charlie is averaging a team high +23min TOI in Dec.
My favorite part of scoring is Fenway’s animations under the goal lights. :nod:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Sick of losing, everyone showed up! Still amazing that they are still where they are in the League after playing dreadful hockey for a couple of weeks. Nice win!!

Reactions: bobbyorr04 and BMC

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The Nielsen rating system has flaws but it is the metric the industry is stuck with. The Panthers actually have move viewers in Palm Beach County than Broward/Dade.

South Florida is an AWFUL sports market. The Panthers are on Entercom's WQAM which is also the flagship of the Dolphins on 560 AM

Look at the ratings and cume

View attachment 292325

The Heat are on WAXY and the Marlins on WINZ

View attachment 292327

ALL the Miami teams are on AM stations which nobody under the age of 35 even know exist.

My concern is if people don't watch the games for free at home they are not going to drive to Sunrise and pay.
Thanks for that!
And ya that’d be my concern too if I was an owner there. I’m assuming they make enough money elsewhere to not give a damn.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Backes' least effective effort of the season. I'd throw him back out there and forget about Ritchie.
i agree. i like backes. they just have to watch his minutes. i think backes actually has some finish to his game unlike alot of players on this team.
his contract is killing us tho

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Don't think they played any better than they did in the Washington and Tampa games. Just different level of opponents.

Nearly let Florida have another huge comeback in the third. After it was 3-2, 6 minutes left, Bjork makes a blind (through the legs) pass at the blue line instead of trying to dump it in. Kuraly later picks up a loose puck, goes behind the Florida net and blindly throws the puck out front. No Bruins there. But one of his wingers was also behind the goal line. So with two B's out of the play Florida heads up ice. Still later, Kuraly makes a nice play carrying the puck out of his zone under heavy pressure. Gets to the center line and instead of dumping the puck , gets stripped and Florida resumes pressure while B's can't get a needed line change.

When Cassidy says play the right way, these situations are part of it. Sure, try to make plays. But they need to be smarter plays when up a goal late.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
i agree. i like backes. they just have to watch his minutes. i think backes actually has some finish to his game unlike alot of players on this team.
his contract is killing us tho

I loved Backes earlier in his career,hated the deal and thought he was less than average and worse here,til this year. His game had changed and he was actually creating chances and around the puck more,and avoiding the worthless body checking. Obviously,Cassidy saw it differently.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
watched the highlights after an insanely busy night at work, had some quick flashbacks to a few weeks ago when I saw the Panther`s start a bit of a comeback but good to see our boys get the win and get outta that L column

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I think this is the best lineup we have right now. Ritchie and Lindholm are pretty vanilla, they can sit. Coyle gets on the 2nd line and things happen, who knew, lol. Rotate in Cliffy on and off and see were this takes us. Give Backes a rest every 3 or 4 games, play Lindholm in his spot and send Ritchie to the AHL. Lindholm was just insurance I think, extra body.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Coyle
Bjork - Kuraly - Heinen
Nordstrom - Wagner - Backes

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Moore - Grzelcyk​

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I think this is the best lineup we have right now. Ritchie and Lindholm are pretty vanilla, they can sit. Coyle gets on the 2nd line and things happen, who knew, lol. Rotate in Cliffy on and off and see were this takes us. Give Backes a rest every 3 or 4 games, play Lindholm in his spot and send Ritchie to the AHL. Lindholm was just insurance I think, extra body.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Coyle
Bjork - Kuraly - Heinen
Nordstrom - Wagner - Backes

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Moore - Grzelcyk​

Clifton should be in over Moore most nights imo. I think trading for a rental 3C would be cheaper than a 2RW if Coyle works there.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad