Pre-Game Talk: Game 34: Montreal @ Carolina (Thurs. Dec 28th), 7 p.m. | RDS, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Carolina played last night so they have the Christmas cobwebs out of the way. This could mean a very ugly start for the Habs. Hopefully they weather the storm and can make a game of it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Don’t forget. Harris and Barron are Hughes boys. He’ll shove them down our throat at every turn.

1703776752184.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Guaranteed that KK scores and people here will continue to pretend that he's a good player
So far KK seems to be a good bet to be worth his 4.8M cap hit long term, and could be a Lars Eller like piece to a cup winning team, even though they're different players.

Was he the right choice at 3rd overall? Hell no. Drafting for need over the top talent available (Tkachuk, Quinn Hughes, Dobson) almost NEVER works out well.

ouch. Crazy that after all this time off he's still banged up. It's either something of some significance or hopefully he just tweaked something recently in practice.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
//

ouch. Crazy that after all this time off he's still banged up. It's either something of some significance or hopefully he just tweaked something recently in practice.

He missed a couple of shifts vs CHI towards the end of the 2nd period (Heineman & Ylonen had some shifts with Suz + Slaf)

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I think this is a guaranteed loss , hope so
I am hoping for a big win against a despicable Carolina team. Hoping for losses breeds a losing culture amongst the players especially the young players and is never a recipe for success. Winning recently has been fun and the habs are knocking on the door to a wildcard spot as of today. Losing is for losers. The habs have enough good young players and draft picks and now they must be developed properly and trained to win games.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I am hoping for a big win against a despicable Carolina team. Hoping for losses breeds a losing culture amongst the players especially the young players and is never a recipe for success. Winning recently has been fun and the habs are knocking on the door to a wildcard spot as of today. Losing is for losers. The habs have enough good young players and draft picks and now they must be developed properly and trained to win games.
Yeah winning is fun but let's see in 5 years where this winning culture gets us

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
So far KK seems to be a good bet to be worth his 4.8M cap hit long term, and could be a Lars Eller like piece to a cup winning team, even though they're different players.

Was he the right choice at 3rd overall? Hell no. Drafting for need over the top talent available (Tkachuk, Quinn Hughes, Dobson) almost NEVER works out well.

But if they had drafted for BPA then it was Zadina. Hughes and Dobson only go if you are determined to take a defenseman.

I don't really care about Carolina. Despicable teams are Florida, Florida, Tampa, Boston, Vegas, Colorado and LA.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
A win tonight and Habs pole vault Det & Pens, 2pts from playoff spot and 1pt from NJD & TBay..

Crazy parity…
The little things add up over a long schedule. We a little better on faceoffs, more puck possession. A couple points here. A mobile defense in overtime gives us a few extra points there. Instead of 25th in league all of a sudden we 18th

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm conflicted. We need a top-10 pick, but I'm enjoying watching this roster develop and learn to win. I don't see the Habs making the playoffs, but it tickles me that we can discuss the possibility with a straight face.

Interesting stats: Montreal's goalies have the 3rd best 5v5 SV% while our shooters are 22nd in shooting %.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
But if they had drafted for BPA then it was Zadina. Hughes and Dobson only go if you are determined to take a defenseman.

I don't really care about Carolina. Despicable teams are Florida, Florida, Tampa, Boston, Vegas, Colorado and LA.
...and Toronto ...and Carolina. Florida are double despicable!

Yeah winning is fun but let's see in 5 years where this winning culture gets us
Hopefully close to or seriously competing for a Stanley Cup

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Scouts need to know who is BPA. Many scoring UK ts had doubts about Zadina, as they did Shane Wright.

We have many more dmen prospects than forwards. And we're still on the smaller softer side. But if you think the next Makar, Fox, or Erik Karlsson are on the board tou have to draft them over need, if they're BPA.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I guess the Habs being in the bubble still merits a 2 GDT day coming out of the break. :D

Argh. Harris and Barron - more creampuffness. Funny how Harris didn’t have to go to AHL to develop his game after injury.
I hope Struble is playing RD becuase I don't like Harris' in that spot like at all.

Reactions: The Real Timo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad