Post-Game Talk: GAME 34 - Il n'y a pas de joie à Poutineville sauf pour l'ours qui danse sur la rue Sainte-Catherine

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
they`ll be sellers by the deadline....book it
But who do they have that anyone would want to buy?

Was just looking at their cap numbers... love that they are locked in to paying Weber almost 8 mil for 8 more season. Can't see that guy playing at a high level til 41.

Reactions: Strafer

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
But who do they have that anyone would want to buy?

Was just looking at their cap numbers... love that they are locked in to paying Weber almost 8 mil for 8 more season. Can't see that guy playing at a high level til 41.

I'd take Shaw.

3.9 per for 15-20 goals, 35-40 points and ~125 hits. ideal $ for a high end 3rd/fill in 2nd liner

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Mitch Melnick was blunt in The Athletic

Melnick's GBU: The Canadiens say goodbye to 2018 by partying...

By Mitch Melnick
Did the Canadiens hold a players-only Christmas party Sunday night and forget to drink plenty of water?

I get that there are going to be nights when a team is flat. But really, last home game of the year against your most storied rival that you lead by one point in the standings, and you sleepwalk through 60 minutes? Like, seriously, WTF was that?

It’s as if they all decided – standings be damned – to preserve their energy and just defer to the better team once the puck was dropped and head out west, where they will be sucking plenty of that thin air in Denver on Wednesday night.

Yes, the Bruins are a better team. Especially when Patrice Bergeron and Zdeno Chara are healthy. But the Habs got them while they’re still banged up and after they had played and lost an emotional game to Buffalo the night before.

Two obvious conclusions here: The Bruins are a much more difficult opponent than the Ottawa team the Habs had just run over in the third period on Saturday. And the Canadiens are a much easier opponent than the Sabres.

Boston is a well-coached team and planned a perfect road game against a normally quick transition team. But the Habs need to be able to adjust when their opponent cuts off the middle of the ice, as the Bruins expertly did. It’s one thing to muck up execution from the very first shift of the game. It happens. Like it recently did in Minneapolis. But it’s something else entirely when you’re in your own building and it’s combined with the energy level and commitment of an inmate on death row.

But at least they owned up to it

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
What’s the difference between Halak and a cement wall?
-Halak doesn’t crack

What’s the difference between Halak and Price?
-8 mils/year

I’m definitly cheering for Halak this year. It will be fun to see what he can do with a great team in front of him.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The last couple of games reinforce the Bruins playoff path. Tampa looks like a lock to be #1 in the Atlantic so the Bruins need to catch either Buffalo or Toronto and not worry about Montreal. Losing in regulation to Buffalo hurt but we play them 2 more times, Toronto and Montreal we have 1 left with each. The team needs to avoid a wild card shot as playing either Tampa or Washington in Round 1 is not the desired option.

The game on December 29th at Buffalo could be huge and it appears Bergie will be back.

upload_2018-12-18_16-32-22.png

Reactions: rfournier103

Almanil

Nov 18, 2017
I noticed that Pasta looked kind of serious throughout the game, that usually is not a good sign but this game it was otherwise.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Montreal was soft as warm butter last night. I was amazed at how little push back they had.

Where was Gallagher? -2 and not being the usual in your face punk we've seen in the past.

Domi? Hot garbage, 17 minutes of play, 2 shots, 1 hit...yeah 1 hit...and lost 8/11 faceoffs. His father probably wants to punch him in the face for that performance.

Embarrasing Habs performance.

Reactions: sooshii

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Montreal was soft as warm butter last night. I was amazed at how little push back they had.

Where was Gallagher? -2 and not being the usual in your face punk we've seen in the past.

Domi? Hot garbage, 17 minutes of play, 2 shots, 1 hit...yeah 1 hit...and lost 8/11 faceoffs. His father probably wants to punch him in the face for that performance.

they were soft for sure, as much as I can`t stand him as long as he wears that Uni, I`d take Gallagher in a spoked B 8 days a week, imagine a lineup featuring he and Marchand.....oh the hatred from opponents would be beautiful

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

And I loved every damned second of it :snide:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Habs are fraud. What an awful team. I will be shocked if they are in after 82 games.

I think they are doing well because they got rid of their overrated vets Maxi Pad and Alzner.

You would think there is not enough firepower to hang in over 82 games Agostino is a key guy for them but I think they are pretty well suited to taking care of bad teams.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

If you ever needed proof that the hits stat is wildly dependent on the homer statisticians, MTL was credited with 46 hits during that soft as butter performance. :laugh:

Reactions: Mathews28

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad