Post-Game Talk: GAME 34 - Il n'y a pas de joie à Poutineville sauf pour l'ours qui danse sur la rue Sainte-Catherine

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
abso-f**king-lutely!

dumbest thing the league has done was go away from playing division rivals 6+ times a year so that we can see the likes of Arizona in Boston every year.

just another crap move to prop up that bad franchises, because at least they get a good night at the gates when Crosby, Ovechkin, Habs/Bruins/Leafs/Wings come to town

Its true the only the only games this year that had any excitement and the feel of a real rivalry were the Boston vs Toronto and Montreal games.

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
abso-f**king-lutely!

dumbest thing the league has done was go away from playing division rivals 6+ times a year so that we can see the likes of Arizona in Boston every year.

just another crap move to prop up that bad franchises, because at least they get a good night at the gates when Crosby, Ovechkin, Habs/Bruins/Leafs/Wings come to town

I don't mind the home-and-home with every Western team.

But I despise how the Bruins need to play the Metro division teams 3 times. Make it home-and-home vs. the Metro as well. If I see the Devils and Hurricanes one game less per year....fine by me.

Reduce Metro opponent play to 2 games and give the rest back for more Divisional games.

24 non-divisional teams (w/Seattle) x 2 games = 48 games

7 divisional teams x 5 games = 35 games

Total games 83

Saves on travel too. Win-win for the owners, the players, and the fans.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

But I despise how the Bruins need to play the Metro division teams 3 times. Make it home-and-home vs. the Metro as well. If I see the Devils and Hurricanes one game less per year....fine by me.

Reduce Metro opponent play to 2 games and give the rest back for more Divisional games.

Total games 83

7 divisional teams x 6 = 42 games

8 remaining East teams x 3 = 24 games

16 western teams x 1 (alternating home/away) = 16

82 games.

no reason for it to not be this way, there's no need to home and home every western team each year.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I listened to the Habs radio feed in between the 2nd and 3rd periods on my way home last night and they were really trashing the Habs effort. They were saying how all the Canadiens players said before the game how they were rested and the Bruins had a game and had to travel and they knew they had to take advantage of it. They were giving the Bruins a lot of credit for their forecheck and intensity.

Arpon Basu was one of them, not sure who the other two guys were, but they were pretty much in agreement that the Canadiens were showing zero effort

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

82 games.

no reason for it to not be this way, there's no need to home and home every western team each year.

7 division games vs 6 teams, 8 division games vs the team closest to you by standings (1v2, 3v4 and so on)- 50 games
2 games vs Metro- making all of them home and homes to spice it up- 16 games
1 game vs each west team- 16 games

82 games total

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was a fun game, once it was 2-0 I felt pretty confident. If the tables were turned and the Bruins showed that kind of effort against the Habs, I would be so ticked off. The Bruins just skated in circles around them. Nice to see other guys chipping in but also great to see our big guys scoring too. I can't wait for Bergy, Chara, DeBrusk and Miller to get back. I used to worry when either Bergy or Chara was in the box for 2 minutes, never mind missing several weeks. The team is doing very well considering the holes. Please Santa, Hockey Gods, and whoever is using a voodoo doll, give the Bruins a break for the rest of the season (including playoffs).

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Who agrees with me having charlie and brandon for the next 15 yrs is gonna be a treat. Were so lucky Bruins fans trust me. Im in Toronto and they want these 2 bad . I always tell them take a hike.

I like what I've seen from Gryz and Lauzon as well. Vaak looks the part as well. Team should be stacked for a long time here.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

82 games.

100% disagree.

It's a positive for the league to have every team visit every building each year.

It's the dated concept of "conferences" that needs to be abolished. Why the &%^&& should the Bruins play the Columbus Blue Jackets three times a year but the Nashville Predators just once?

Reactions: 17of26

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
I think they should try anything and everything to create secondary scoring. At the same time, you look Bergeron's 26 points in 18 games before the injury.... and their place in the standings at that time (and last year for that matter)....

Personally, I would do the opposite of what logic would suggest. Go with a Marchand-Krejci pair and a Bergeron-Pastrnak pair. Break up the long time duo and remove the Czech connection from memory. Just because they are from same region, doesn't mean they play well together. DeBrusk-Bergeron-Pastrnak would be a killer combination IMO.

Marchand and Bergeron play together for so long, they could be both blind and still find each other's on the ice.

17of26

Sep 9, 2008

82 games.

I disagree. Season ticket holders deserve the opportunity to see all the star players in the league, even if they are in the western conference.

I would go with a home/away set for every non-divisional team, and fill the rest of the schedule with in division games.

Reactions: BruinDust

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'd rather play Pitt and Washinton more than mandatory games against teams like Phoenix or whoever else is in the bottom of the standings in the west.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Great game....ahhh..gotto love it. On my way back I was listening to a MTL sports show hosted by ex ref...Ron Fournier. The MTL fans are disgusted .
Price was aiming for his 300th win..Bruins telling him not tonight Carey...no way. And Halak saying Carey who?

Fournier was one of the most obvious hab-friendly refs I've ever seen, so it doesn't surprise me one bit that he's now hosting a Montreal sports show.

I had someone in the NHL Talk Forum ask me if Ron Fournier and I were related. I just want you all to know that we are NOT.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

Total games 83

This was Bettman's original idea - doing away with conferences and going to 4 "conferences" with heavy intra-divisional play and the top 4 in the playoffs (with reseeding after the division finals).

Then, it was pointed out that one division could be significantly stronger than another, thus the wild card/double-crossover concept was created and the conferences remained.

While I'm sure none of us would be shedding tears over one less visit from the Arizona Coyotes every other year, Chicago/Detroit would be having a conniption if they lost one home game against each other (but Detroit *did* beg to come to the Eastern Conference).

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Frustrated, Bruce Cassidy calls team meeting — and his...

MONTREAL — Lately, Bruce Cassidy’s frustration level has been tangible, with comments, grimaces, and other small signs indicating that it’s never been quite so high during his tenure as coach of the Boston Bruins.

It only got worse after back-to-back losses to the Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres over the weekend. When the Bruins arrived at work Monday morning at Bell Centre to prepare for the Montreal Canadiens, the players learned just how frustrated Cassidy has become with the team’s lack of accountability in all areas of its game.

The coach held a 10-minute meeting and it grabbed the attention of the players. Hours later, the Bruins thrashed their division rival, 4-0, and leapfrogged the Canadiens in the standings.

“It was no bull****,” said one Bruins player of the meeting.

Another player explained that the meeting was “bold” and “had a purpose.”

Cassidy didn’t call out any individuals. It was simply a matter of “this is what we need to do in order to win.” The message was to start with a better checking game. Play with a purpose. Be accountable. To a man, the Bruins responded.

“No passengers at all,” said Cassidy, who admitted to his recent frustrations. “We did what we had to do.”
This is what good coaches do. Love the job he's doing.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Missed all of this one due to work travel.

Just watched the condensed version of the game. It's nice to see highlights from more than just the first line. :laugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ahhhhhhhhh

Any morning after a thrashing of Montreal is a good morning
Me walking into work where there's 5-6 Habs fans...

HealthyElderlyChrysomelid-small.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad