Post-Game Talk: GAME 34 - Il n'y a pas de joie à Poutineville sauf pour l'ours qui danse sur la rue Sainte-Catherine

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My only complaint about last nights game was watching Accairi try to shoot/handle/get control of the puck in the slot. Holy shit, he's bad. I didn't realize just how bad he was until like 10 botches 12 feet out from the goaltender. Honestly, if that was anyone else on the team, they're probably scoring a goal or two.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
48385223_10216716027625782_1205515646889099264_n.jpg

Guy was muttering in French
“It is therefore senseless to think of complaining since nothing foreign has decided what we feel, what we live, or what we are.” “I exist, that is all, and I find it nauseating.” “Nothingness lies coiled in the heart of being - like a worm.”

oh wait . . . .

"Il est donc insensé de penser à se plaindre puisque rien d'étranger n'a décidé ce que nous ressentons, ce que nous vivons ou ce que nous sommes." d'être - comme un ver. "

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Jaroslav Halak, Bruins shut out Canadiens - The Boston Globe

MONTREAL — The old ghosts of the Forum, filling the sweaters of the Canadiens, might have stood a better chance.
The Bruins slashed downhill Monday night like slalom skiers on Mont-Tremblant, whizzing through a bunch of Bleu, Blanc, et Rouge wickets set up on the Bell Centre ice. Boston’s 4-0 win was decided early, the Bruins mashing the pedal with scant pushback from their no-show hosts.
Playing their third game in four nights, the Bruins played like a team irritated over losing two in a row.
“I know every game matters, but points are at a premium,” defenseman Torey Krug said. “Definitely builds some character. Hopefully we can build on it.”

Jaroslav Halak was barely challenged by the Habs - The Boston Globe

MONTREAL — He was once the toast of this town. A goaltender who steals playoff games for the Canadiens wins hearts across La Belle Province, where the game is religion, especially in this city, the Hockey Holy See.
When he’s a visitor wearing Black and Gold, all good deeds are forgotten. He might as well be wearing horns on his head.
The devil they knew barely had to work Monday. Jaroslav Halak made 22 saves in Boston’s 4-0 win, recording his third shutout of the season and 45th of his career. He was barely challenged by the Habs in his first game as a Bruin in the Bell Centre, a building he once owned.
“It’s always nice to get a shutout,” he said, before discussing the effort in front of him. “From the drop of the puck, we played pretty good. For 60 minutes, we didn’t give them much.”

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Hard to miss this one as I had a game myself. Great to see this win and a shutout to boot!

Always great to see us get the better of the Habs especially when games mean a little more.

Solid game Bruins !

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I do think the kid line needs to be protected a bit in their match ups. Heinen seems to be getting better on the wall, but Donato and JFK both get tossed around, I thought that was pretty glaring in Donato's case last night. It's just a matter of games before a team figures out that playing them physical is going to stop them.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I do think the kid line needs to be protected a bit in their match ups. Heinen seems to be getting better on the wall, but Donato and JFK both get tossed around, I thought that was pretty glaring in Donato's case last night. It's just a matter of games before a team figures out that playing them physical is going to stop them.

not too sure they require being "protected". While both JFK and Donato are works in progress in regards to being better/stronger on the wall, both have showed more willingness to do so with work to be done. Versus the Pens, I thought Cassidy had that line out when they should be out most, with offensive starts and right now, that`s as much protecting or insulating as you can do unless Butch moves exclusively to a match up lineup.

When Bergy returns, Z/Miller and Debrusk as well for that matter, it completely alters things. It allows Butch to return all of those who are playing a bit out of their ideal spot in the lineup back into place and makes life a bit more difficult for opponents to focus in on just one line.

I would be inclined personally to have Bjork make his return soon, and either sit Acciari and shift Donato down to play on a line with a few players who keep things as simple as possible with Wagner/Kuraly or return Donato to Providence, while I can see he is working on some things and that is good news, I think he needs a bit more time

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Why is it the B's seem to play better with back to back games?

They always seem groggy after 2 days off

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
What a glorious game, and now that the Habs have Julien they are the team that doesn't get up for the big games.

Great to see the depth scoring and with Bergeron and Chara back soon hopefully they can catch up to Toronto and Buffalo who are only 5 and 4 points ahead.

TB is going to be the top in the league so no hope in catching them and stay away from that 8th seed at all costs.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
not too sure they require being "protected". While both JFK and Donato are works in progress in regards to being better/stronger on the wall, both have showed more willingness to do so with work to be done. Versus the Pens, I thought Cassidy had that line out when they should be out most, with offensive starts and right now, that`s as much protecting or insulating as you can do unless Butch moves exclusively to a match up lineup.

When Bergy returns, Z/Miller and Debrusk as well for that matter, it completely alters things. It allows Butch to return all of those who are playing a bit out of their ideal spot in the lineup back into place and makes life a bit more difficult for opponents to focus in on just one line.

I would be inclined personally to have Bjork make his return soon, and either sit Acciari and shift Donato down to play on a line with a few players who keep things as simple as possible with Wagner/Kuraly or return Donato to Providence, while I can see he is working on some things and that is good news, I think he needs a bit more time

That's what I meant by protecting, just making sure they have the best matchups they can. They pretty much exclusively get OZ starts.

Reactions: ODAAT

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
im sick and tired of all this ancent crap how they were the best line in hockey... how their level of dominance was historical. i mean im as guilty as anyone pointing out all 3 guys were on 40 goal pace when together

we see now with krecji they are almost a goal per game line and would legitimately make most peoples top 30 lines in nhl

lets stop this stupid garbage talk about putting bergeron back here just because it will make the line much much better

please

I'd focus on the pairs:

Marchand and Bergeron
Krejci and Pasta

Go out and get the best winger you can and use him and Debrusk to round out those two lines.

As much as I'd like them to get a 3C as well, I think if they can take the assets they'd be willing to move in separate deals for a 2nd line winger and 3c....they could get a really good winger and they have enough talent/depth to fill out lines 3 and 4.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I've always maintained that in this time of injuries that the B's need to stay close to the wildcard. They have hiccups but they've stayed close. I think the consistency will come when they get 37, 33 and 86 back.

There's nothing like stepping on those guys in their own barn and finishing the game to a chorus of boos. So good.

I loved the Vince McMahon gif Sheppy.

Go Bruins!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I've always maintained that in this time of injuries that the B's need to stay close to the wildcard. They have hiccups but they've stayed close. I think the consistency will come when they get 37, 33 and 86 back.

There's nothing like stepping on those guys in their own barn and finishing the game to a chorus of boos. So good.

I loved the Vince McMahon gif Sheppy.

Go Bruins!

As per TSN they are in the high playoff bubble of making the playoffs.

https://www.tsn.ca/the-reality-of-the-nhl-playoff-race-1.1227640
scroll down to middle of page

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad