GDT: Game 34: Coyotes @ Avalanche - 6PM

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
There was something cartoony about it, but it made for an exciting end to a so-so game. Stone and Murphy and Vermette played well. Lindstarter was really good too.

For me 3 on 3 OT is a huge win for the league. True that it often doesn't resemble hockey, but it creates odd man rushes and breakaways, and most importantly limits shootouts...I hate shootouts.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Stone had a solid game. Blocked shots, good read to breakup a goal and scored. Been a while but people need to step up. Today he played well.

Duclair is not getting a ton of ice time, but I agree too many mistakes.

Last two games he received 14 min and 15 minutes which is still pretty good. I guess DT thinking is you learn from your mistakes.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I like running with two goalies sharing the load rather than going all-in with one goalie getting a vast majority of the starts.

Our two goalies have been doing well and eliminated the need to go acquire one via trade.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I like running with two goalies sharing the load rather than going all-in with one goalie getting a vast majority of the starts.

Our two goalies have been doing well and eliminated the need to go acquire one via trade.

Smith .901 save % @ $5.6 mil cap hit
The two headed Lindback/Domingue .905 save % @ combined $1.48 mil.

Cost effective for sure. Get us to the playoffs...I dunno. Might get us another shot at the lottery.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I think we should play Lindback until he gives up more then 2 goals in a game, then go to LD. Basically, if you give up 3 goals or more, you don't start the next game. Play the hot hand.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Last two games he received 14 min and 15 minutes which is still pretty good. I guess DT thinking is you learn from your mistakes.

12 minutes of even strength time, so not a lot. Also, we had Scott/Downie in the game, both clearly lower on the depth chart for minutes then Duclair. I expect Duclair's play to improve(less turnovers) or his even strength minutes will decline as we get more healthy forwards back in the line up.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
For me 3 on 3 OT is a huge win for the league. True that it often doesn't resemble hockey, but it creates odd man rushes and breakaways, and most importantly limits shootouts...I hate shootouts.

Five on five, and even four on four, we find that the team which played better in the game usually wins. With three on three, it's no better in deciding a game than a shoot out. Both are exciting, yet both diminish from the game because it's a real crap shoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad