Post-Game Talk: GAME 34 - BRUINS 5 Newark 2 - McAvoy is fine

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
No, he's not.

That's what concerns me about Montgomery's minutes.

He wants to micromanage Matthews minutes, which is certainly understandable. Yet he is working his best players like pack mules. Exhaustion is not a formula for success. Especially over an 82 game season. Charlie is already beat up, Gryz, Linhome - none of them have been quite right thus far this season.

They may have their own issues, but again, it's the defensive system, or lack thereof, or fail you to execute in terms of coaching and the players, that is the problem.

You're a coach?

Coach.
His regular season record as BRUINS coach is 86-19-11. He must be doing something right.

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Lots of simple, smart plays, especially when protecting the lead. Short shifts, pucks deep, all the cliches. Good stuff.

Pastrnak with a gritty goal and a highlight-reel goal.

I loved the 'identity' tonight, but do wonder about what Raycroft said. The Bruins can play 'below the red line' against a softer Devils' D. But can they play that way against Florida and Tampa?

They will be where the Devils were tonight, facing Detroit. Second of back-to-backs with travel.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No, he's not.

That's what concerns me about Montgomery's minutes.

He wants to micromanage Matthews minutes, which is certainly understandable. Yet he is working his best players like pack mules. Exhaustion is not a formula for success. Especially over an 82 game season. Charlie is already beat up, Gryz, Linhome - none of them have been quite right thus far this season.

They may have their own issues, but again, it's the defensive system, or lack thereof, or fail you to execute in terms of coaching and the players, that is the problem.

You're a coach?

Coach.
Stay where you are, I’m sending an ambulance over - you’re going to be ok. We have a great staff that will help you.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
That was their best game of the year without a doubt. They had very good legs and they were quite physical and caused turnovers with it. Pasta was flying and dominant in the first two periods and was decent in the third. Grz had his best game of the year as well. Jake also had his best game, we need that almost every game. Good note by Jack about it being Grzelcyk's first plus game of the season! With the exceptions of Zacha, Lohrei and maybe Frederic, the rest were good too. (I am a little surprised TF had good Corsi stats because it looked to me like he floated on some shifts and flubbed a few plays.)

I hope Charlie Mc is ok. Monty is full of it when he says "it is just a stinger." Monty, like Cassidy, often lies and always tries to push his players through injuries. The best we can hope for is a mild hyperextension. Ully landed on it with almost all his weight. I am no orthopedist, but that is a pretty good guess. Get it checked, and be careful with him. He is already dinged up.

On to Detroit. Why does the league always screw us with weekend back to backs that end in Detroit? The answer is TV of course, but this is at least the second or, even third, year in a row they have done it ...Edit: it is not even a national game. What gives? P.p.s. I forgot it was New Year's Eve tomorrow. Duh. Btw, it is also my birthday.

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Another big 2 pts .They had it going tonite .The Devils are a good matchup for sure for Boston.
According to the Devils meter on twitter they should've won tonight :laugh:

1703994196553.jpeg

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
The best news here is that McAvoy is fine.

The second best news is that DeBrusk seems to be waking up. We really need him to be all he can be.

Merkulov was fine imo. Probably fits that 3rd line better than Poitras at this point. Better and more developed 2 way game. Getting very good value for that Shattenkirk contract that's for sure.

Not sure we'd have done as well if they weren't on a back to back as they seemed to run out of gas after the first but it was a solid win for sure.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Just in. Mac looked like he was hurting when he went past us BUT he was walking on both legs Glad he is OK.

Pasta's goal was a beauty...and he had two.

Best game by Jake in a long time. His first goal was all Marchy.

Shattenkirk had the biggest smile on his face. All of the guys were happy for him.

We had (in front of us) a little girl who was a goalie. She was with her father. She told us Santa got the seats for her.

She loves the net minders and made a sign for Sway. He gave her a signed puck.

After the game Pasta (one of the 3 stars) went out to give the autographed stick away and saw us. I pointed to the little girl, and he said (to her)..."You want this?" She nodded and got the stick. She had a good night. :)

Pasta and Brad were excellent tonight. Such great leaders.

I really enjoyed tonight.

Poor Bs are flying out right after the game.

Bergeron as assistant?
I said this before ...Bergy should give a master class on faceoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes