Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 THE BEAR is doing a Sabredance

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tom McCarthy. Not in the lineup for the Rangers game or most of regular season but still a decent contributor in 87-88 playoffs along with Lemay. Adding Moog to Reggie was huge but losing Courtnall and Ranford was a killer for that era. I love the 87-88 Bruins.
I remember they had

Courtnall - Linseman- Neely

A legit monster line and their second line was very good and tenacious

Burridge - Kasper- Crowder

Middleton was still good and the captain, Bob Sweeney as a third line center was very good - they had toughest 4th line in hockey

The Olympians were coming specifically Janney

Raycroft was highly thought of

He trades Courtnall to Edmonton who didn’t need him

He’s in Washington next season lighting it up

If HF was around then the place would have burnt to the ground at that move

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
For anyone that didn’t live through the era of the 80’s and especially that 1988 team, check this out. Game one of that series vs the Sabres was loaded with hits, fights and goals. If I remember correctly it took almost 4 hours to play. I would give anything to have this kind of hockey today. And Buffalo had a very good team as did Montreal when the Bruins (finally) beat them in the next round.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
For anyone that didn’t live through the era of the 80’s and especially that 1988 team, check this out. Game one of that series vs the Sabres was loaded with hits, fights and goals. If I remember correctly it took almost 4 hours to play. I would give anything to have this kind of hockey today. And Buffalo had a very good team as did Montreal when the Bruins (finally) beat them in the next round.

The first three games of that series made any Flyers game from 73-75 look like a game today between Buffalo and Carolina. Sabres were loaded, Bruins called up Shoebottom right before the playoffs and the B's were already loaded before that. Ken Linseman did things in that series that would cause Bettman to have a stroke.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Brown, Boquist, Chiasson along with the above and to some extent Lucic (except maybe Geekie who was good in Seattle and a reasonable move) were all just a smattering of toss against the wall and see what sticks. 4 hits 4 misses is that good? I guess so given the players we are looking at.

Whatever it is, yes, just be thankful it wasn't Bertuzzi.
Assuming the slump is not the result of leaving the Bruins, where he played well, to join the Financial Four and their completely imbalanced team mess, you would be right. He and his agent are responsible for that ending.

Reactions: KWbruin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The first three games of that series made any Flyers game from 73-75 look like a game today between Buffalo and Carolina. Sabres were loaded, Bruins called up Shoebottom right before the playoffs and the B's were already loaded before that. Ken Linseman did things in that series that would cause Bettman to have a stroke.
Bob Joyce scored 2 goals I think first game on Saturday v Devils 7-6 OT (Brickley scored overtime goal)

Harry 3 days later hands Courtnall who has 32 goals at time to Edmonton

Joyce is a bust

I’m still LIVID Fenian!!!! I would have gone ballistic here

They had a legit line that could take on Messier line - flip Kasper against Gretzky Line and Bruins D was better then Edmonton

Sinden so F’d that team up

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Assuming the slump is not the result of leaving the Bruins, where he played well, to join the Financial Four and their completely imbalanced team mess, you would be right. He and his agent are responsible for that ending.
I think he really just doesn't fit with the Leafs stylistically. They were thinking they can just slot in a net front guy and it would click but he just seems out of sync with their speedy one way skaters. It's a lazy team overall and probably feeds his laziness.

Just glad we didn't give him a long term deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad