GDT: Game 33 | Penguins vs Ducks | 12.17 7PM EST | Winter Wonderland (Mod Warning Post #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Say what I want you to say think what I want you to think

Not really. More like stop driving the Daniel Sprong topic into the ground so the rest of the forum's users can focus on the team we root for instead of making hot takes on a player who didn't have a spot on this team. Don't act like a victim here, come on.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It's a winter wonderland indeed!

5-2-1 in the month, I think.

Let's get Geno some goals tonight!!

Say what I want you to say think what I want you to think

Right. That's what it's about.

Reactions: BillPrep

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
In back to back situations, it's generally wise to not start the same goalie because you don't want to fatigue them for later in the year.
The goalie selection was fine this weekend and they are wisely going back to riding CDS until he proves to be no longer hot

CDS has been great, but Murray is our #1 and we will not win anything if he isn't playing like he can. I think we should try to re-establish him as #1 ASAP.

3 games in 4 nights might not be the time to do it, but I would expect him to get way more work pretty soon.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Johnson sitting apparently.
tenor.gif

tenor.gif[

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
ducks fan here

which one of the former pens is going to get a video tribute tonight? sprong or rowney?

Probably Rowney because Rowney actually did something for the Penguins. A Sprong tribute would look eerily similar to a Plotnikov tribute video:

[/MEDIA]

Thank you. Exactly.

The only positive thing they could show would be the equipment manager clearing out their locker stalls. BYE!

Johnson sitting apparently.

You better cite a source before you get us that hot n bothered.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'll repeat what I said in the all-purpose thread, scratching Johnson right now when you didn't scratch him earlier in the year doesn't make...well, any sense to me. This seems very similar to scratching Oleksiak as he had like 8 points in 11 games, it just doesn't make sense right now. Sure, I'm fine with scratching Johnson, but Sullivan has shown no criteria for players he decides to scratch. He'll let guys suck for 15 games while scratching them after having a good 5 game run.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
So, are we allowed to support his play tonight, you know, when he is on ice, just had a shift etc?

As for the gif's there should be a way to block them as they are annoying as ****. You want threads to stay on topic yet allow bull**** like those to be posted 66543892 times a game.
That would be covered by the 'in real time' part of the warning. As for the gifs, @ColePens has already covered that here.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And I'll keep posting my warning in a few pages of this thread just so we are all aware. I do not want anyone sending me a private message asking why they got thread banned.

We can definitely discuss a nice play by Sprong and/or bad one. The thing we won't do is go so far down the rabbit hole of making it all about Sprong.

Same thing with Gifs. We can use some. It's not excluded. We just have to be aware of the size of the gifs/pictures we are using. If it's too big, don't post it. And let's not go ham (i'm guilty) of like 5-10 gifs at a time. Let's throw a few in there that work and have fun, but also respect the users who are trying to follow the GDT because they are stuck at some bullshit wedding or work event. :laugh:

Throwing this out there for tomorrow's build and the GDT. @DegenX @BHD and myself are going to be a lot more strict with the Sprong nonsense going on all over the board. In addition, let's tone some of the gifs down. We can use 'em for the GDT, but try to keep in mind the size of the pictures/gifs you are using. If they are too big, they will be deleted. It bogs down any mobile users.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Maybe the team just wants to rotate some different defensemen in.

Re: the goalies, I think it makes sense to start DeSmith tonight and Wednesday against the Caps, then have Murray play on Thursday against the Wild. However, I fear Murray will start against the Caps, get lit up, and then I'll have to hear about it for the rest of my life.

Reactions: Heliarclee

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And I'll keep posting my warning in a few pages of this thread just so we are all aware. I do not want anyone sending me a private message asking why they got thread banned.

We can definitely discuss a nice play by Sprong and/or bad one. The thing we won't do is go so far down the rabbit hole of making it all about Sprong.

Same thing with Gifs. We can use some. It's not excluded. We just have to be aware of the size of the gifs/pictures we are using. If it's too big, don't post it. And let's not go ham (i'm guilty) of like 5-10 gifs at a time. Let's throw a few in there that work and have fun, but also respect the users who are trying to follow the GDT because they are stuck at some bull**** wedding or work event. :laugh:

Throwing this out there for tomorrow's build and the GDT. @DegenX @BHD and myself are going to be a lot more strict with the Sprong nonsense going on all over the board. In addition, let's tone some of the gifs down. We can use 'em for the GDT, but try to keep in mind the size of the pictures/gifs you are using. If they are too big, they will be deleted. It bogs down any mobile users.

This GIF talk sounds like a Verizon related agenda.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I mean, I'm all for it. But the precedent it sets is crazy lol. This team and it's contracts.Lol lol lol lol

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Let’s just say I said all summer he’d be scratched by mid December.

We had to hope he'd erase 12 years of his body of work in 12 weeks of an off-season.

We had to...

We couldn't face the music...

And now?

Now we have a 3mil defensemen who will set a record for 4.5 years straight of healthy scratches.

We had to hope, man....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad