GDT: Game 33 | Penguins vs Ducks | 12.17 7PM EST | Winter Wonderland (Mod Warning Post #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
If Johnson is a healthy scratch I really have to wonder why. The team (overall) is doing well in the past couple of weeks. WTH would you mess with something that is going right?

I don't get it..

Reactions: EightyOne

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I HATE when fans go "See! I told you so!" about players or whatever, but the JJ stuff deserves it. At the absolute best, the patient posters here were skeptical but would at least see it play out. It took less than half a year for this signing to be a debacle and it is for FIVE YEARS. :laugh: I remember being pissed when it was 3 years. FIVE YEARS. This dude was a healthy scratch last year and he deserves to be one this year, although Maatta/Oleksiak probably deserve it more.

It's insanity. :laugh: I don't want to bullshit around with the "SEE! I AM A KEYBOARD WARRIOR AND SHOULD BE GM!" type nonsense, but everyone and their grandmother knew this one was bad. It's rare to get an entire fan base to agree on something and the absolute nicest thing anyone said about that JJ signing is "well f*** it.. it's done. I'll wait and see I guess."

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Hopefully it won't be too expensive to pay Seattle to take Johnson.

Scratching a player making more than 3 mil at a position we're already weak at, that ain't gonna work for a team trying to contend and spends to the cap.

Reactions: ColePens

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Looking at those pairings, I kind of like them. It'll be interesting to see how they do.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Can we just ban the wrestling gifs, but leave any other gifs? Or maybe only be allowed to post cute animal gifs? Just some ideas.
iu

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
CDS has been great, but Murray is our #1 and we will not win anything if he isn't playing like he can. I think we should try to re-establish him as #1 ASAP.

3 games in 4 nights might not be the time to do it, but I would expect him to get way more work pretty soon.

I disagree with this stance. We can't just sit around and wait/hope MM turns things around

We need to compile points no matter who is in net. CDS at this moment gives us a chance to bank those points- ride him w hile hot

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
At this point, Murray has to earn the net back. If he's the goalie we all think and hope he is, then he will do exactly that. If not... well we're ****ed no matter what happens.

That's exactly it. MM has not earned his net this season

Perhaps this is how MM is wired: feeling snubbed and he plays better with a chip on his shoulder. We got the good MM when MAF was breathing down his neck waiting for an opportunity.
Guess we'll find out...

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If Johnson is a healthy scratch I really have to wonder why. The team (overall) is doing well in the past couple of weeks. WTH would you mess with something that is going right?

I don't get it..

If he's a healthy scratch then I'd have to assume his shield of untouchability is gone. Maybe Sullivan has been waiting to bump him down to the whatever D or maybe he's just allowed to put Johnson in the HS rotation to get everyone games.

Hopefully it won't be too expensive to pay Seattle to take Johnson.

Scratching a player making more than 3 mil at a position we're already weak at, that ain't gonna work for a team trying to contend and spends to the cap.

Paying Seattle should be a bad case scenario. We should hope it won't be too exorbitant to get someone to take him before then.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I agree on principle, but to earn it back he needs to be given a chance to. He needs starts. More than once a week.
Eh... he's not the starter right now. We aren't in position to be giving him starts to see if he can work it out. He has to play as a backup and play well when called upon. If he plays better, he'll get more frequent chances to play.

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
Hope will complete level be better than against LA. Win is a win but we need to start good level keep over all 3 periods finally.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I HATE when fans go "See! I told you so!" about players or whatever, but the JJ stuff deserves it. At the absolute best, the patient posters here were skeptical but would at least see it play out. It took less than half a year for this signing to be a debacle and it is for FIVE YEARS. :laugh: I remember being pissed when it was 3 years. FIVE YEARS. This dude was a healthy scratch last year and he deserves to be one this year, although Maatta/Oleksiak probably deserve it more.

It's insanity. :laugh: I don't want to bull**** around with the "SEE! I AM A KEYBOARD WARRIOR AND SHOULD BE GM!" type nonsense, but everyone and their grandmother knew this one was bad. It's rare to get an entire fan base to agree on something and the absolute nicest thing anyone said about that JJ signing is "well **** it.. it's done. I'll wait and see I guess."

I don't necessarily disagree with @Empoleon8771 that JJ was playing ok lately though. In his past 2 games he had an assist in both. He's only been minus once in his past 7 games.

His possession stats have still been pretty bad over that time though.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Eh... he's not the starter right now. We aren't in position to be giving him starts to see if he can work it out. He has to play as a backup and play well when called upon. If he plays better, he'll get more frequent chances to play.

I disagree, strongly even. The guy EARNED the #1 spot by winning TWO cups. An injury and a hot back up shouldn't send him to the bench playing only back-to-back until the other guy cools down.

Split starts for a few weeks and then make a call.

Maybe I am being too loyal, but these guys are human beings. You have to help Murray build his confidence. Show him the respect he earned. We let Fleury go to commit to Murray (ok, we kinda had to). Honor that commitment. If Murray doesn't rebound, we are going no where. I love what CDS has done for us, but he is not the guy to win us anything.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

It's insanity. :laugh: I don't want to bull**** around with the "SEE! I AM A KEYBOARD WARRIOR AND SHOULD BE GM!" type nonsense, but everyone and their grandmother knew this one was bad. It's rare to get an entire fan base to agree on something and the absolute nicest thing anyone said about that JJ signing is "well **** it.. it's done. I'll wait and see I guess."

I’m not giving up on JJ. Scuds and Lovejoy once proved to be valuable to a cup run, so you never know.

I think he’s doing ok as a bottom pairing guy. Just once again, very disappointed in his offense, or absence of it I should say.

CBJ fans did say he wasn’t anywhere close to an offensive blueliner, or even a good puck mover, so I did have some heads up about his game, despite what the Pens tried to sell us about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad