GDT: Game 33: Flames @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 7PM

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
OEL is a fine captain. All he did in his first season as captain filling some incredibly big shoes was win the King Clancy. Honestly I think it's unfair to question leadership when we're not in the room.

Yes, it is a bit disingenuous for us to question it when we're not in the room, but it's an eminently discussable topic when it spills out of the room and onto the ice.

Reactions: RemoAZ

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Even though we outshot them by a fair margin, the NHL is a game of mistakes and we made too many, they capitalized on them. Our 2 best SAHD are out of the line up and it showed tonight. Rannta wasn't great but the loss isn't on him, it is on our team D. With Demers/Hammer out, it has a trickle down effect and we had 3 AHL or 6/7/8 D men in the line up.

Our low GAA isn't all about the goal tending as you can see tonight (Jakey).

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Even though we outshot them by a fair margin, the NHL is a game of mistakes and we made too many, they capitalized on them. Our 2 best SAHD are out of the line up and it showed tonight. Rannta wasn't great but the loss isn't on him, it is on our team D. With Demers/Hammer out, it has a trickle down effect and we had 3 AHL or 6/7/8 D men in the line up.

Our low GAA isn't all about the goal tending as you can see tonight (Jakey).
I didn't say our low GAA is all about goal tending, but it is the main reason. Tonight was one game. Go get a beer, start watching replays of the first thirty games and then tell me it's not about our fabulous goalies. Sure they have had luck on their side, tonight we didn't.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I didn't say our low GAA is all about goal tending, but it is the main reason. Tonight was one game. Go get a beer, start watching replays of the first thirty games and then tell me it's not about our fabulous goalies. Sure they have had luck on their side, tonight we didn't.

Raanta oddly seems to have less luck. I don't believe they should have so different statistics when it comes to wins.

Does Kuemper yell more to the defence, or something odd?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL is a fine captain. All he did in his first season as captain filling some incredibly big shoes was win the King Clancy. Honestly I think it's unfair to question leadership when we're not in the room.

He was nominated and was a finalist, he didn't win. Every team has one nominee. Zucker won.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Let me explain it this way. Chicago has had great goal tending most of the year. The difference in our records is D and team D. Our 2 best SAHD are out of the line up, we started seeing the effects of that on Tuesday. Becuse of it, everyone gets tougher matchups and more minutes, it's harder on OEL/Chych/Goose, not just our other 3 AHL D.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Let me explain it this way. Chicago has had great goal tending most of the year. The difference in our records is D and team D. Our 2 best SAHD are out of the line up, we started seeing the effects of that on Tuesday. Becuse of it, everyone gets tougher matchups and more minutes, it's harder on OEL/Chych/Goose, not just our other 3 AHL D.
You say Chicago, I say New Jersey.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Of course not, that is why I said "one would get the impression". Comprehension Jakey, comprehension...... point being you're always carrying on about it. We all know our goaltending has been great, but to say that is the only reason for the teams success is very shortsighted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad