GDT: Game 33: Flames @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 7PM

Skellart09

Nov 30, 2013
Can we make the opposing team wear penguin jerseys every knight? That was the best I’ve seen Kiessel play.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
No where near as bad as the Toronto game.
Yeah...you're right. I disgust-posted after watching them stand around while the puck lay right in front of Raanta to the right of the crease, for a Flames player to sweep entirely around behind the net and take another unopposed shot. Sorry...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
We're playing better than the score indicates but the defense coverage has been a complete clusterfrack. Coyotes Twitter is trying to put it all on Raanta but only the first goal was really on him. He's been left to dry since.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
We're playing better than the score indicates but the defense coverage has been a complete clusterfrack. Coyotes Twitter is trying to put it all on Raanta but only the first goal was really on him. He's been left to dry since.
First goal was pretty squarely on Oesterle, I thought...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
In the consolation department..... Oilers are also losing right now.

(watch me jinx it..... edit..... yup..... they're within one now))

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Two on one.... Oesterle took the puck handler. Raanta has to take the other guy and got pulled out of his shorts.
After Oesterle coughed it up to Rinaldo, last man back trying to go D-to-D with Rinaldo very clearly obstructing. Calling him spinning wildly in place trying to effect the play after his egregious turnover "taking the puckhandler" is incredibly generous.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Two on one.... Oesterle took the puck handler. Raanta has to take the other guy and got pulled out of his shorts.

What are you even talking about? Frolik is alone in the slot, free to shoot or make whatever moves he wants. In no way is that on the goalie.

Some people really pride themselves on not knowing anything about goaltending, maddening.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

What are you even talking about? Frolik is alone in the slot, free to shoot or make whatever moves he wants. In no way is that on the goalie.

Some people really pride themselves on not knowing anything about goaltending, maddening.

Frolik had the puck well out from the goal.

Raanta still has to take him.... and he bit hard on Frolik's first move..... doesn't take an "expert" to call it as it was.

Thanks for trying to enlighten me though.

EDIT.... the jinx is complete. :mad:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Maybe we need an unorthodox approach where we treat the first game back like a road game. Have the guys stay at a Phoenix hotel. We weren't necessarily bad tonight, just blah.

Reactions: Name Nameless

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Also a damn shame they couldn't build off big win vs. CHI....now, focus on Thursday game vs.......CHI.

Thought they played pretty well for most of this game, but Calgary kept capitalizing on their chances which took the Yotes out of it.
Still feel if Grabner buries that one early in the first, this is a very different game.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Again, how does a goalie "take" a completely uncovered shooter? You're literally just making things up.

I suppose he should just move out of the way and stand at the side of the goal and leave it wide open then??? That way he doesn't have to get yanked out of his jock like he did.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I suppose he should just move out of the way and stand at the side of the goal and leave it wide open then??? That way he doesn't have to get yanked out of his jock like he did.

Explain to me what 'taking' an uncovered shooter is. Quit dodging the question. I want to hear in exact detail what Raanta should have done to stop that chance against, not "i dunno do it better."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad