GDT: Game 33: Ducks @ Canadiens - December 18 - 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Above the McDonagh trade and every other debacle that occurred under the Gainey/Gauthier era, the one thing I will never forgive them for was favouring a guy like Gomez over bringing Saku back. As much as I dislike players like Gomez and Bourque because they suck(ed) on the ice, its their carelessness when it came to being a Canadien that made me resent them the most. In the wake of Beliveau's passing, when as fans, we were reminded of the history and pride that comes with wearing the CH, I'm happy to see that one of our most courageous and hard working players ever is being honoured. Thank you Saku.

Saku could have saved himself a world of grief thrown his way by learning some basic French. :shakehead

Epic fail on his part... and management too.

If one wanted to, they could learn some basic Swahili! It ain't THAT hard.

http://www.glcom.com/hassan/lessons/useful_swahili_words.html

Still love Saku, though.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Any info on the pregame plans? Will there be a long ceremony at like 800 or a short one closer to 830? Hoping there is a decent bit before the game, either way, going to be sweet to see Saku back in the Bell Centre and not in another teams jersey.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm not going to debate why Saku had no obligation to learn French.. not tonight, nope, not tonight.... not tonight...

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
You beat the beefier team with speed. You don't change the identity of your hockey club because of your opponent. You force your opponent to change their identity for you. It's why we had a rough stretch against Boston that we righted recently.

Tangradi is a warm body. That's about the only positive thing I can say about him.

I agree that you try to do this as best you can, but you can't always succeed in bending an opponent's will just because you try, and you can't change your game day lineup halfway through the game based on how it's going. But like I said, it might be more about the team giving Tangradi a few opportunities (which, arguably, he deserves) to see if he can bring what he needs to if/when that kind of match-up presents itself in the future. I'm not overly high on the guy, but I think he has held his own alright so far, and don't think he's a liability on the 4th line for a few more looks this early in the season.

They obviously have a game plan that doesn't involve the 4th line simply turtling all night waiting for an offensive exploitation opportunities to arise off faceoffs or something, while compensating for Andrighetto's defensive inexperience along the way.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
What's happened to Ginette Reno? Tonight (and the first game back after Beliveau's passing) would have been perfect nights for her :s

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
RDS gets criticized a lot for its often shoddy reporting and crew (aka Gaston Therrien) but this Saku Koivu documentary is world class. Very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad