GDT: Game 33: Ducks @ Canadiens - December 18 - 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Why was Andrighetto send down if Eller is not returning... I don't mind Tangradi as a 4th liner but if Eller is still out, Ghetto should be on the second line and Weise on the 4th.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Why was Andrighetto send down if Eller is not returning... I don't mind Tangradi as a 4th liner but if Eller is still out, Ghetto should be on the second line and Weise on the 4th.

I don't really know what MT was thinking?:shakehead

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor

I think if were going to play a fourth liner on the plekanec line it should be bournival.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I love how Saku put it when asked about advice he would give to the next captain. I'm paraphrasing here but it was something like:

When I was named captain Mr. Beliveau sat down with me and told me not to change anything. He said to be who you are, and that I was named captain for a reason. If I were to give advice to the next captain it would be to not change who you are and everything will be fine

Love Saku. In one comment he represented what it means to be a Montreal Canadiens and a leader. I would absolutely love to have him with the team as an ambassador or some sort of position where he can be around and influence the leadership group of this team.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Above the McDonagh trade and every other debacle that occurred under the Gainey/Gauthier era, the one thing I will never forgive them for was favouring a guy like Gomez over bringing Saku back. As much as I dislike players like Gomez and Bourque because they suck(ed) on the ice, its their carelessness when it came to being a Canadien that made me resent them the most. In the wake of Beliveau's passing, when as fans, we were reminded of the history and pride that comes with wearing the CH, I'm happy to see that one of our most courageous and hard working players ever is being honoured. Thank you Saku.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Galchenyuk needs to pick up his game, a hat trick on the first line isn't enough to convince Therrien. If he doesn't score an other hat trick tonight, it's time to step back and look at the player Galchenbust will become. ;)

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
tumblr_nbrccl4x171scg5r7o1_1280.jpg

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Pierre Houde has the best questions. I always look forward to his interviews. He's such a great interviewer.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Man, I do not like the line-up with Tangradi in.

Well, if the idea is to see if he's worth having in the lineup against beefy teams, he's probably going to need at least a few looks against beefy teams. I don't think there's an epic divide to worry about between a lineup featuring Andrighetto on the wing of the 4th line vs one featuring Tangradi there instead. I mean, if Weise absolutely has to play in the top 6 because Andrighetto isn't up to it yet and PAP already played himself out of it, whaddayado?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well, if the idea is to see if he's worth having in the lineup against beefy teams, he's probably going to need at least a few looks against beefy teams. I don't think there's an epic divide to worry about between a lineup featuring Andrighetto on the wing of the 4th line vs one featuring Tangradi there instead. I mean, if Weise absolutely has to play in the top 6 because Andrighetto isn't up to it yet and PAP already played himself out of it, whaddayado?

You beat the beefier team with speed. You don't change the identity of your hockey club because of your opponent. You force your opponent to change their identity for you. It's why we had a rough stretch against Boston that we righted recently.

Tangradi is a warm body. That's about the only positive thing I can say about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00